10

gerard sits on the couch next to frank, however as far away from the exchange student as he can, his side pressed against the arm-rest. pete, to ease tension between them, sits in between the two, however that just seems to make it worse.

mikey's cuddled into his mum on the loveseat, looking anywhere but pete, trying to keep his eyes focused purely on the heart-aching movie.

"this is shit," gerard says, standing. "i'm going to my room," he continues, turning on his heel, and stomping out, and frank stands, nodding.

"i didn't realize american movies were so... so bad," he says, scuttling after gerard.

"i think i better hit the hay, too," mikey's mum kisses the top of mikey's head, and smiles at pete. "work tomorrow, and all."

"do i have to go to school tomorrow?" mikey asks, and his mum shakes her head, standing and stretching.

"no, sweetheart. see you in the morning. goodnight, pete," she says, and pete smiles, and nods to her.

"goodnight, ms. way," he says, and she blows mikey another kiss, before walking upstairs.

and then there were two.

mikey pushes himself into the corner of the loveseat, as far away from pete as possible. he keeps his eyes trained onto the movie, pretending not to notice pete standing, walking over, and sitting in front of mikey on the floor.

"mikey," pete whispers, "please talk to me."

"no," mikey says, beginning to cry as the movie climaxes.

pete frowns, climbing onto the loveseat, pulling mikey onto his lap. "hey, it's okay. it's just a movie," he says, and mikey shakes his head.

"its fucking sad, that's what it is," he hisses, and pete runs a hand through mikey's hair delicately. mikey leans into his touch, and pete smiles.

"we can't, pete. you need your hockey," mikey says, and pete shakes his head.

"what if we like, were a secret couple?" pete asks, and mikey furrows his eyebrows.

"what?"

"like, i'll break up with meg, and say that i just need a break from dating, when in reality, i'll be with you," pete grins at his plan, and mikey lets out a sigh.

"i don't know if i can do that, if i can sneak around like that," he says, and pete plays with mikey's fringe.

"it'll only be at school. at places like here, we can do stuff like this," pete says, before pecking mikey's lips once, gently. mikey feels himself blush past his ears, and he giggles like a little girls again.

"i think i can try, then," he says, and pete beams at him.

"can i kiss you again?"

"maybe in a bit. i need to turn off the movie and-"

"no, i can do that. just go up to bed, i'll be there in a sec," he says, kissing mikey's forehead softly, wincing as his nose brushes the taller boy's.

"oh- okay, thank you," mikey blushes, dragging his duvet upstairs. pete turns off the TV, and puts the remaining ice-cream in the freezer, before following his mikey upstairs.

he watches the tall boy from the doorway for a moment, as he yawns cutely, cuddling into a pillow. pete smiles, walking into the room, closing the door, and throwing off his shirt.

mikey opens his eyes and gapes at him, his breathing speed and heart rate increasing. jesus christ, pete is toned.

"it's rude to stare, babe," pete says, sliding into bed next to mikey, who flushes. pete grips mikey's hips and pulls mikey flush against himself, smirking slightly as mikey gasps quietly. he wraps his arms loosely around mikey's waist, tugging him closer, and mikey smiles shyly, wrapping his arms around pete's neck comfortably.

he nuzzles his face into pete's neck, kissing it briefly, and pete grins.

"you smell good," mikey mumbles against his neck, and pete chuckles.

"okay?"

"like, really good. i can't describe it. its just good, it's just pete," he says, and pete slips his hands under mikey's shirt, resting them on the small of his back.

"alright, shakespeare," pete says, and mikey giggles.

"well fuck you!" is heard faintly through the wall, and pete and mikey go quiet to hear the conversation.

"yes, i would like to fuck you, if you haven't noticed!"

"god, gerard, just fucking kiss me already!"

and then everything goes quiet, except for mikey's little giggles.

"called it," he whispers, and pete smiles.

"honestly, we all did."

"true, but i did first, 'cause i saw them together first," he says, and pete chuckles.

"alright then."

"alright," mikey says, his gaze flicking from pete's captivating eyes, to his pink lips. "did you maybe want that kiss now?" he asks, and pete nods, their lips locking for the third time that day.

pete's fingers trace small patterns into mikey's back and mikey plays with the tips of pete's hair, and he smiles in content. he's a horrible kisser, he knows that, but pete seems to like it, so its okay.

and then mikey would describe pete tasting like honey or cinnamon or toothpaste but he doesn't, he really doesn't. pete tastes like pete, and that's pure ecstasy to mikey.

"what happened to being 'uh- straight'?" mikey giggles, and pete rolls his eyes, pulling him back in to kiss again.

-
sry the end got a bit cheesy and it wasnct supposed to??

idk