Chapter Twenty-One : Evil.

Start from the beginning

   “Huh? Aki, speak something that I can understand!”

   She rolled her eyes as she shook her head. “Just watch Lion King.”

   I had enough of this, I was getting irritated. “Why can’t you just tell me straight?”

   “Okay! Okay!” She sipped again before continuing. “It looked like you like her so much. You saved her from the seven o’clock guy and oh, you also took care of her. Extra special care actually. The breakfast and now… “ Aki waved her hand at the direction of the box.

   I was that obvious? If Aki figured it out, what about Aika?

   “It doesn’t mean anything.” I said with a bored tone and took a tentative sip from my coffee.

   “Of course it does! It’s all over your face! Look!” She pointed at my face. “I like Aika, I like Aika, I like Aika. “

   Groaning, I moved her hand away. “Stop it!

   Aki had that evil smile on her face again. “YOU like Aika!”

   This was getting out of hand. “Okay. Okay.” I took my cup again and sip. “Does she know?”

   Her eyes brightened like full moon. “Oh My God!!! You like her!!!”

   “Does she know?” I put the cup back, anxiously waiting for her answer.

   Aki shook her head still wearing that amazed smile. “That’s why I’m asking when are you gonna tell her.”

   I sighed exasperatedly. “I can’t tell her. Her boyfriend just broke up with her. I don’t want to be a rebound.”

   “Boyfriend?” It took time before she processed this. “Oh, Kazuki?”

   “Yes.”

   Her brows met. “Kazuki isn’t really her boyfriend you know.”

   I stared at her. What was she saying? Maybe she was drunk.  “What are you talking about?”

   She sipped again. “It’s a long story. “

   “This café is open twenty four seven. Tell me.”

   Aki nodded. “Okay. Okay. But don’t tell Aika that I told you!”

   I nodded. “Fine.”

   She started. “Kazuki and Aika are friends since they’re like…. Fetus. And I just came in the picture when we were in Junior High. So obviously, they’re childhood friends. Like, stick together forever kind of thing.” She sipped, making me wait.

   I was impatient. “And?”

   “Aaaaaand…. Like, four years ago? I broke up with my boyfriend. Then we had a get together like this and suddenly Aika asked “How is it to have a boyfriend?” and “ She groaned, rolling her eyes. “Stupid Kazuki said that he’ll be her boyfriend. And so that’s it. Since then they had a childhood slash not really boyfriend and girlfriend kind of relationship.”

   I stared at her like she just told me that Japan is at Europe. She must be really drunk.

   “What do you mean? She didn’t have a real relationship yet?”

   Aki bobbed her head a few times. “Aika thought she had but….” She shrugged her shoulders and played with her coffee’s plastic bottle. “And now that shit broke up with her. She lost one of her bestfriend. Not boyfriend. That’s why I think it hurts a lot more.”

   “Why would she get in a relationship like that?”

   “They really acted like a couple but not really. It’s a relationship but….. yeah. No.” She growled. “It’s hard to explain! But she trust him and I do too. I mean, I did. I though he couldn’t hurt her, but look at what the shit did? He chose his whatever band career than her.”

   I ran a hand through my hair. How to take this? I didn’t know so I just took a sip on my coffee which was now cold.

   “That’s why if you ever hurt, Aika….” She pierced a deadly look at me. “I’m gonna hunt and kill you. Got that?”

   “I’m not going to confess anything to her.” I admitted. But after what she told me, I was having second thought about this.

   Aki rolled her eyes and shook her head before grabbing her coffee. “Yeah whatever, Reita. Don’t you dare confess to her. Go ahead and torture yourself.”

   Yes, I would.

   Aki let me get back to the building after asking me to have pinky promise with her about what she told me. I didn’t do the pinky swear. Who does that?

   There was a faint song coming from the other side of the door when I reached the unit. I turned the key and opened the door, enough for me to get in. When I turned around, I almost dropped the box I was holding.

   Aika's back was facing me. She was wearing this lose white shirt and black cotton short. And she was swaying synchronized to the song.

   She swayed her hips to the left while her hands traveled slowly up from her hips to her waist to her breast and settled on her neck. “I am strong…”

   Holy shit.

   "Love is evil..." She sang along and swayed her hips slowly to the right.

   She is evil.

   Her hands moved up to the air as her hips kept on swaying slowly….. and seductively.

   I stirred awake.

   I couldn’t help but watch her in silence.

   She sang along again and kept on dancing. Unknowingly tempting me.

   I was tempted. 

   I would learn how to play that song if she'd dance for me like that. I'd learn to play it within a day. No, within an hour.

   Ugh. What was I saying?

   Aki just told me to go and torture myself. And here it was, right in front of me.

   As if she heard my thoughts, Aika turned around and saw me.

   She gasped in surprised and her cheeks flamed instantly.

   Aika looked really embarrassed and shocked, so I took her out of her misery. I chuckled.

   “That was a very nice dance…..” I showed her the box. “cake for your hangover?”