They call it messy reconciliations pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Neither me or Chester had missed what my brother had referred to them being in. A relationship. First he accidently confesses love and now this. How nice that must feel, I thought, to have something as simple as knowing what you want and what you feel.

"Relationship huh?" I echoed, a smirk teasing at my lips just as the elevator hit the bottom floor and thankfully for Chester, the doors slid open. I caught one last glimpse of Chester before he and Caspian piled out of the lift. His pink tainted face now donned a luminous red instead. I bit back a laugh.

"I think that's enough taunting from you," Caspian laughed, waggling a scolding finger over his shoulder in my direction from behind them, following them out into the lobby.

"You sound like mum," I called ahead to my brother gauging a loud, offended scoff from him.

"Never say that again," he threatened as we entered into the main part of the crowded lobby. With the new swarm of people milling in and out of the hotel on their Saturday night, Caspian withdrew his arm from his boyfriend's shoulder.

I took it from their lack of PDA and Chester's lack of offence that they still weren't quite in the publicly official stage of their relationship. Either for privacy reasons or things I quite aware of but I choose to respectfully not question them on it.

"Fleur just texted me," Chester told me over his shoulder, "She said not to pick her up."

"How come?" I asked, strolling forward till I walked in between the two of them, my forearms brushing against theirs as we sauntered through the lobby.

"She said she left early," Chester explained, eyes down casted to his phone screen as he typed back a message, "She's already at the party with Vic and Hugo."

"We need to hurry up then," Caspian commented, picking up pace, "She'll have your heads if you're later than everyone else."

We all walked a little quicker then, that thought speeding us up as we steered our way through the busy room. We headed in the direction of the doors when my eyes found someone hovering in the middle of the room. Treading foot to foot by the décor loveseats was Asher, eyes glued to his phone as he furiously typed away on it. Back to his normal self he was wearing a black hoodie and joggers and a frowning expression.

My breath hitched in my throat the second my eyes laid on him, a deadly cold feeling of anxiety spreading through my chest, "Chester," I whispered harshly, my feet halting to a stop.

Chester's eyes fell on me curiously and noticing my brash expression stopped walking too. He followed my stare all the way to Asher, his eyes widening when he saw him.

"Change of plans," I said, forcing a smile onto my lips when Caspian looked to me with confusion, "You two go ahead to the party. I forgot something upstairs."

"We'll just wai-," Caspian started to protest but cut himself short when Chester's hand tugged on his and he motioned towards the doors.

"We'll get a drink ready for you," Chester nodded towards me, pulling Caspian along with him through the lobby, "Come on, she'll be fine."

"Ok," Caspian said, tagging along after his boyfriend after sparing me one last confirming nod. I watched them leave, waiting until they had completely gone to finally make my way over to Asher.

I stopped a few feet away from him, "Ash?" Uttering his name and swallowing down a dry lump in my throat, my heart stuttered when I came close to him.

His eyes looked up as soon as he heard me speak, an urgency flashing across them as they found me, "Alessandra," he breathed, for a second relief filling his frame till his usual blank expression came back.