They call it quick escapes

Friday 9th. 

The party was still in full swing when me, Caspian and Chester arrived back in the penthouse. The music was more upbeat and the atmosphere was lighter. Everyone had circled the room which meant no more greeting people or starting pointless conversations. Everyone grouped with the people they liked and I couldn't be more relieved.

We met up with the rest of our group and joined them in dancing to the song playing. Thomas came up behind me and danced with me his arms encircling around me as we all laughed together. Ivy threw him an irritated stare but decided to ultimately ignore his presence.

After a couple minutes, I was again being pulled away from the group by my mother, who dragged me up the stairs and down a hallway. A stern, frustrated frown bothered her done up features as she marched us out of sight.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wondering why she was taking herself and me away from the party.

"Did you leave the party?" She accused her eyes flaring as she stared at me. She already knew, lying would do I good so I nodded my head and frowned.

"Yeah, only for a minute," I answered downsizing the truth.

"You do understand that your actions reflect on me," She lectured "so that means when you leave a party which I, your mother, am hosting it affects my image and my representation."

"We were barely gone for half an hour. No one even noticed," I reassured attempting to repress the sarcastic tone that threatened to spill into my voice.

"I noticed," She scolded "that's enough for it to matter."

"Well, I'm sorry. But Caspian left too, it wasn't just me," I whipped my hand to the stairs, pointing to the downstairs.

"Caspian is a grown man, you are not. You still live under mine and your fathers roof, you obey by our rules. You respect us," My mother whispered furiously, knowing her guests were only a few feet below us. I stayed silent, biting my lip to prevent me from arguing back. She made me so mad.

"Am I understood Alessandra?" She commanded strictly inducing a yes from my lips.

"You should go change," She nagged, her eyes casting down to the hem of my dress which was ruffled with light, barely noticeable crinkles "You creased your dress."

She moved past me to the stairs without a second thought. When holding onto the railing, she turned her head around again and pierced me with her still raging glare.

"When you come down speak to Robert," She demanded referring to Mr. Young-son "I'm sick and tired of you ignoring him. It's ride and it upsets him as well as me."

She swiftly left me alone, hovering down the stairs and back to the party. She had to put Robert in there somewhere, it always came back to him. I rolled my eyes, the countless amounts of times we'd argued over her friendship with him replaying in my mind.

Groaning loudly, I padded down the hallway towards my room. Outside of my door my skin tingled as a chilled breeze blew through the hallway and hit my bare arms. The balcony doors I had made sure were shut, were now wide open, a cold air rushing into the apartment. I walked over to them curiously but saw no one outside the doors. Too tired to care how they opened I shut them and went back to my room, unlocking the door with the key I placed under the plant vase next to my door.

I shuffled into the room and went straight to my wardrobes. I pulled the doors open and stared at the rows of dresses. I found a dress, less formal, but still as suitable as the one I had on. I held onto the new dress by the hanger with one hand whilst my other hand reached behind me, fumbling with the small clip on the back of my dress.

"Aren't you going to take me to dinner first?" A sarcastic voice behind me nearly made me jump out of my skin. The new dress dropped from my hand to the floor. I whipped around and frantically searched my room for the source of the voice.

By my open terrace door leaned Jonathan Hollis's son, his face blank except for the raise in his brows, cocked in my direction. My mouth opened unsure of what to say.

"I-I W- What are you doing in here?" I demanded through my initial confusion.

"Your balcony's connected to the terrace and your patio doors were unlocked," He explained, casually pointing to the terrace behind him.

"And that allows you to come in here?" I questioned, irritation seeping through me. My tone was sharp, eyes piercing as I stared at him furiously.

"Well no one told me I couldn't," Pinching his shoulders up into a shrug, his features remained unaffected, calm.

I pointed towards my door, "you need to get out."

He rolled his grey eyes and leant his head onto the silver door frame.

"Didn't you hear me? You're not allowed in here. This is my room," I thundered sudden bolts of anger taking over my already agitated mind. He showed no care, only small curiosity as the corners of his lips picked up and he stared at me.

"You live here?" He asked raising his brows further. His gaze floated over my room, briefly studying the small.

"Yes, I do. And if you don't leave my room now, I'm going to call security," I threatened though it was lie. I wouldn't call security, he was Hollis's son.

"Chill out, I'll leave in a minute. I was just getting some air, not riffling through your things," His hands raised up into the air defensively. I didn't know how to respond; my threat had been waved off as if it were nothing and he continued to stay in my presence. As I struggled for a reply, he leant off the door and strolled back out onto the terrace and looked out over the city.

"Why were you changing?" He called back to me as I moved to the doors where I remained in the safety of my room. Something about the guy infuriated me and I knew that I may have been tempted to push him off the terrace if I weren't careful.

"I creased my dress," I said, my voice and posture stiff as I watched him carefully.

His head turned to consider my dress with a blank stare, "where?"

"At the bottom," I pointed to the faint wrinkles in the white material. It was small, unnoticeable really, unless you're everyone back in the penthouse.

"I don't see anything," He raised his brows at me questionably before puffing out a sigh and twisting his body back round to face me. He leant his body against the edge of the balcony.

"Well you wouldn't," I murmured to myself "why aren't you down stairs with your father?"

His lips straightened out in a firm line sending me a hard-fixed glare, "Hollis isn't my father."

I thought about questioning him but decided against it. Whatever reason he had for believing that was his own business.

"What about you?" He questioned "Why aren't you down stairs with all your conceited friends?"

"I told you, I'm changing," I replied simply, tipping my head back in the direction of the dress I had dropped on the floor when he made me jump "and they aren't all conceited."

"Ok sure," He chuckled "I better get back to Jonathan, make him take me home."

I stepped to the side to let him go past me. He moved slow and confidently through my room, his eyes scanning again the interior of my bedroom. 

"By the way, It's Ash. Not Asher," He told me his name as he stopped over by my door, his hand running to the door handle "only my dad calls me Asher."

I nodded faintly, "and it's Andra, not Alessandra."

"Got it," He smirked at me roguishly, "Bye Alessandra."