They call it microscopic

Saturday 10th.

Ivy was no angel. None of my friends were. Everyone had sides of them self that they hid, that they were ashamed of. Ivy just happened to have more than one side.

She tended to switch between personalities. There was her neutral self, the person she was when she with friends and family. The relaxed, slightly blunt but caring Ivy. Then there was what I liked to call the pretentious Ivy. The Ivy who went from nice to snobby in 3 seconds flat. It was the side of her which came out when she was surrounded by people who she didn't like. One of those people being Thomas.

Ivy had this habit of thinking she knew what was best for everyone. Thomas not being good for me, she did everything she could to exclude him from our group.

"You're not meeting him again, are you?" Ivy asked, frowning in disapproval. I bit my tongue not wanting to provoke an argument with her.

I shook my head and rolled my words out as casually as I could, "No, Friday was a one off. I told you already."

"Good, because I really hate him," She ruffled her hair looking at her reflection in the black car window. I looked past her face and stared out at the city as we drove.

"Did you meet Jonathan Hollis' son yesterday? I guess Fleur was right," I asked changing the subject, quick and swift "His name was Asher."

"The thought of Hollis having a son still amuses me. He's hardly father material," She laughed sarcastically. Reaching down into her bag at the side of her leg, she gripped onto a small pocket mirror. Her fingers dug for her lipstick and then her shoulders pulled herself back up. Popping open the mirror's lid she pouted her lips and stared at her reflection.

"I know, did you speak to them?"

"As if I'd speak to Jonathan, I hate the man. He's like a rogue version of our fathers," She chuckled again and I joined in lightly. Though I couldn't deny being far too distracted with my curiosity for his son than I was to joke about how much I hated Hollis.

Ivy twisted the shiny metal lid of her lipstick and raised it to her pouted and plumped lips. With ease, she run the stick of colour over her mouth.

"Did you speak to them?" Ivy mumbled as she reapplied more of the colour over her lips, boldening her mouth.

"Not that much," I lied, avoiding Ivy's momentary glance. I looked out the window nonchalantly as she zoned back in on her mirror.

"Well I'd avoid that boy if I were you. I know I will be," She advised before rolling her lips together and clicking the mirror back in place.

"Why?"

"The amount of daggers he was giving Jonathan made it pretty obvious that he has some serious daddy issues. Who would want to get caught up in that family? And need I say he's obviously not from around here. People like him never last in our world," She said it so cold and I couldn't understand how she could be so prejudging without knowing someone.

"Wow," I muttered my brows raised in surprise, my voice sarcastic "You realize how much like my mother you sounded there."

Ivy scrunched her face up ferociously and twisted her shoulders towards my side of the car, "Why would you say that?"

"You don't even know the guy and you're judging him."

"I don't need to know the guy," Ivy screwed her face scrunching up in annoyance "Why the hell do you care so much?"

"I don't care, the guy seemed like a dick but I don't think it's fair to make presumptions when we don't know anything about him," I lectured my arms fixing into a cross and nailing my back to the backseat.