They call it lies

Sunday 15th

The first time I woke up next to a boy, I was terrified. The second my eyes opened and I saw him, my mind stopped working, my hands throbbed with sweat and there was a deep pit of nerves eating at my insides. It was like coming out of a test at school, realising you couldn't go back and change what you'd written. Looking up the answers and knowing you done it all wrong. Waking up next to Isaac felt wrong.

But waking up next to Ash, I'd never felt calmer.

He must have felt so to because when he rolled on his back, groaning out an incoherent mumble, a lazy smile covered his lips. I shifted on my side, looking at him from my pillow through hooded eyes. We stayed like that until late into the morning when Ash told me he had to go.

I walked him to the door, smiling to myself at the sight of him in his wrinkled shirt and slacks from last night. He had his own lopsided grin on his lips as he hovered by the door frame.

"You're sure you can't stay?" I asked him, peering at him through my lashes as he shrugged on his green bomber.

"I promised the boys I'd help them with something," Ash re-explained, adjusting the flat collar of his jacket and zipping it up his chest, "I wish I could though."

"You enjoy my company that much?" I teased.

"You think to highly of yourself," he dared, unaware of the pull his boyish grin had on my heart strings, "If I was staying for anything it would be that bed, it's the comfiest thing I've ever slept on."

"So that's the reason you were smiling like mad when you woke up," I replied smugly, rocking back and forth of the bare pads of my feet.

Ash gazed back at me, amusement consuming is expression, "The reason exactly," He nodded.

My brows cocked up challengingly as I grinned, "If you say so."

A muffled ping of a mobile interrupted us, the sound coming from his jacket pocket. Dragging his eyes away from mine, he checked his phone, pulling it out and assessing the message.

"Sorry," He frowned, brows knitted as he quickly typed back a reply, "I really got to go."

"Course, that's fine," I insisted, pushing off the door and stepping in front of him, "Go."

A rough sigh filtered through Ash's lips and settled across my face, "Thanks for last night," He said, his smile softening when he looked back up at me.

"Thanks for coming," I said hesitating suddenly. We both stepped forward, slow and careful, and I willingly let Ash take me into his arms. He pulled me close, circling his hands round my back and pressing them flat against the fabric at the small of my back. I sighed against his chest, smiling into his puffy jacket and holding my arms around his shoulders.

We didn't hold for long, parting a few seconds later. Asher drew his hands from my back and let his legs slowly start to lead him backwards towards the elevator door. His thumb pressed down on the button but his eyes remained solely on me.

"Oh," He smirked, behind him the doors sliding open, "I forgot."

"What?" I questioned, frowning as he stepped into the mirrored elevator. He still faced me, grinning as he held a hand to the door to stop it from closing.

"Remember you still owe me that night out," He reminded me.

"I haven't forgot," I assured attempting to keep a straight face but failing miserably. Asher was failing too though, a huge grin swept across his expression.

"Good," He mused, retrieving his hand and letting the doors begin to slide close, "Speak to you later."

"Bye."