They call it late night call ins

Wednesday 14th.

"We're going to have to get Hugo to help us out with all the planning," I said to Chester. My phone sat beside me on the living room floor, Chester's voice beaming through the it. It blared through the loud speaker and echoed out into the empty penthouse.

"I still can't believe Mrs. Edison is letting us have it at his house after last year," Chester thought aloud. Biting the tip of my pen I half listened to him as I went through ideas and preparations in my mind.

I scribbled another thing down on my notebook page, "Yeah, well it took a lot of convincing."

"I wish I could have seen it," Chester chuckled, mocking what had been an awful situation "I can't imagine you taking on Mrs. Edison."

"Well you could have seen it. But apparently you were too busy skipping lessons with my brother," I teased now less concentrated on our planning and more on getting the details of my brother's not so secret, secret date with Chester "How was it?"

Chester hesitated slightly, probably considering how best to approach the topic of him and Caspian. It worried me for a second that he thought he couldn't talk about it to me but I knew better that it wasn't the reason he was hesitant to talk about it. He must be so used to trying to hide that side of him that it would be hard to be open about it with anyone, even his closest friends.

"It was ok, I mean it was some dinner and a couple of beers at his place. You know, casual. We're just friends," Chester's voice was rough, pushing his words out in a rushed and unorganized manner.

I scoffed loudly, imagining the wat Chester and Caspian acted around each other usually. It was so much more than a just friend's situation, "yeah ok. And Thomas is like a cousin to me."

Chester cursed under his breath as if he were agitated with my taunting, "ok, Andra. You can stop with the sarcasm, I get the point."

I laughed him off knowing he wouldn't hold a grudge. An idea popped into my head suddenly and I quickly wrote it down, "How about for the party we hire a bunch of people to run around dressed up as scary characters?"

"I don't think Mrs. Edison's going to be cool with that idea," Chester guessed, his voice amused.

I scoffed, "Well it's a lot more exciting than an ice sculptor shaped like a spider."

"Hey, that was a great idea," He defended with forced offend.

"No, it was your idea," I stated, my eyes rolling back into my head, my tone disdainful.

"Exactly," He cheered completely ignoring my sarcastic tone.

A loud echoing sound chimed through our apartment and I stared up from my notebook. I could faintly hear as the elevator bell dinged outside our apartment.

"Give me a second Chester," I said through the phone. Standing up off the floor I brushed down my clothes and strolled away from the messy living room floor.

"Mum is that you? Mum?" I called as I made my way through the apartment. I walked down our plentiful hallway to the front door. Opening it, on the other side stood Asher.

His eyes were closed, and his stance was laid-back. He had one earphone plugged into his ear, the other hanging down his neck, a faint beat bursting from them. A black jacket was thrown over his grey t-shirt which had a bands logo printed on. The print was faded and I guessed that it was old. His hands were shoved into the front pockets of his black jeans. He looked entirely different from when I'd seen him with his father. He looked not so faultless in his own clothes, more real.