Part 29

"It's been a long time. Isn't it Martinus?"

"Yeah..."

"So many things happened in your life..."

I nodded.

"So... how are you Martinus?"

"I should be the one asking you."

"Do you want to know how I am? Well my head hurts like hell. I can't feel my body and i'll probably continue my life on a wheelchair. So yeah you can say I'm fine."

That hurts. When she said that I was so much in pain.

"You know what? They say sometimes life throws at you whatever it wants, but you need to be brave enough to face it and move on."

"Did that help you Martinus?"

I stared at her. Many flashbacks came to my mind. From the day I knew she'll be in a coma til now. At first I didn't believe all this at all, but then something inside me kept telling me that I need to move on. Was it hope? Was it Marcus? Was it Ana?

"Maybe?"

"Well I don't know if it'll help me."

"It will. I believe in you."

She smiled at me so I smiled back.

"What's that thing in your hands?"

Oh snap! I forgot to hide my journal. I don't want her to know about it yet.

"Uhh.. this? Umm nothing!"

"Are you sure you don't want to tell me what's inside this book?"

"Yea i'm sure."

"Well , let me tell you something. I'm sorry for all the things I have done for you. I know you have been hurting and never in a million years I thought you would care this much about me. At first I was as sad as you, specially when you didn't go to prom just because you wanted to stay with me. And when you started not to focus on school or on football and you decided to forget about it, everyone knew that you can't, and you won't.

But then I got really happy when you went on concerts again, when you decided to live your life and just let things happens. And I don't know who that Ana kid is but I'm forever thankful for her. Because of her, you stepped out of this dark. I wanted you to be happy, because I didn't know if I will wake up again. I didn't want you to live in this torture forever. (She began crying so hard). Somehow I felt that my world has ended and that I will never wake up again. But having you by my side made me stronger than ever.

Martinus Gunnarsen, I love you too! You will forever be my always. My heart will always be yours. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you..."

I didn't let her finish. I came closer and hugged her so tight. Tears were falling down our cheeks, were they tears of joy or sorrow? I don't know. But the important thing is that we're TOGETHER now.

I can't believe she was listening to all I was saying all this time. I guess now I don't need to hide my journal.

"Here you go. In here, you'll find everything I had said in these past days. You'll know how much I missed you."

"I don't need it Martinus. I know how much you love me, how much you'll do anything for me. So let's focus on the present, and forget about the past."

"See this is why I love you!"

We laughed and hugged again and again. But then her smile disappeared.

"What's wrong?"

"Martinus what about my legs? I won't be able to dance again. I can't do it!"

"Listen , being disabled will always be strength. And forget about dancing, you're the most talented girl I have ever seen and you'll soon find something better. And remember, i'll always stay by your side, i'll carry you wherever you want to go, whenever you want. I'll be right there when you need me... always I promise. I'll be your guardian angel, my Angel."

"You're so cute when you call me that."

I came closer and our lips almost touched when someone decided to ruin the moment.

"Angelica I can't believe you're awake is this the best day or what?!"

"Marcus!"

He ran and hugged her. Seconds later Kath came in and we spent the rest of the day talking just like we used to do. Marcus and Kath were both so surprised when they knew that Angel had been listening all the time.

"Guys, Angel and I have an announcement to make!"

"I know, you're a couple now!"

"Wait kath, how did you know?"

"I have my ways!"

"Classic Kath! You always have your ways!"

"Omg guys I knew it i'm so happy for you!"

We ended up in a group hug and continued talking and laughing. The doctor came in and confirmed that Angel can leave the hospital because the results of her examination were good. We were all happy and thankful.

After a couple of minutes, her mum entered with a wheelchair. I looked at Angel and I could notice the tears that started to form in her eyes. I held her hand tight. "You'll be alright!" is all I could say.

Marcus and I left the room while Kath and Angel's mum helped her to change and get dressed. Marcus went to the cafeteria to grab something to eat while all I could do is crying.

I wish it was me Angel, and not you! You don't deserve this... you don't deserve this at all... but i'll always be there for you. I learned how to move on and you will too. It will take time..but it will surely happen... if not now, one day!

1 part left!