Wings- Sabriel

Sam was hunched over the table reading from a book in the library, his golden wings wrapped around him like a blanket. Dean and Castiel had gone out for the night on a date leaving Sam alone in the bunker. There was a noise towards the entrance that sounded like wings flapping which alarmed Sam, no one should've been home.

Forgetting about the book, Sam hovered above the floor over to the entrance to the bunker. He was armed with a gun because most of the monsters can get killed with one. Sam hid behind a wall as he looked over to find the intruder. He was around 5'8" with dark brown hair and amber colored eyes. But what struck Sam as odd was the long golden wings behind him. They looked similar to Sam's. Speaking of which, the skin where his wings met his spine started burning and it quickly spread.

Sam dropped the gun in his hands which caused it to clatter onto the ground. He reached his hand backwards to rub the base of his wings. The intruder jumped, startled at the sound of the gun hitting the floor. His golden wings caught the light and sparkled a little bit.

"Who's there?!" The intruder yelled. Sam furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes. "Castiel?!" The intruder called out. Sam poked his head around the corner again and stared at the man before stepping out.

"Who are you?" Sam asked. The intruder turned to face him, gasping when he saw Sam's wings. "And what are you doing here?"

"You're not Castiel." The other guy pointed out. "Who are you?"

"I asked you first." Sam countered, picking the gun up off the floor and aiming it at the man in front of him. The two stared at each other, forgetting about the fire-like feeling in their back.

"Name's Gabriel." The intruder said, finally breaking the silence. Sam continued to stare at him, slowly lowering the gun.

"Like the archangel?" He asked a minute later. Gabriel nodded. "I guess that explains the wings."

"Angel or not, my father gave wings to everyone as a way to find their soulmate." Gabriel grumbled something under his breath but Sam didn't catch it. 

"I know that, but mine have always been. . . longer than everyone else's." Gabriel nodded.

"That's because I'm an archangel, like you mentioned. Dad kinda favors me." The two fell into silence again. Sam looked to the ground, completely lowering the gun and setting it aside. Gabriel looked around the bunker. "Where's Castiel?"

"On a date with my brother." Gabriel's eyes widened a little.

"Are you telling me that my brother's soulmate is my soulmate's brother?" Sam nodded before Gabriel sighed. "Of course that's what you're telling me. Dad's cruel joke on all of us."

"You sound like you don't want to be my soulmate." Sam's puppy dog eyes started coming out. They met two minutes ago and Sam already grew attached, Dean wouldn't be happy at that. Gabriel saw the hurt in his eyes and instantly softened.

He walked up to Sam and stood on his tiptoes to give the taller boy a kiss. Sam pressed his forehead against the archangel's as they stared into each others' eyes. Sam kissed his soulmate for a second time, then a third, going in for the fourth, and so on and so forth. Gabriel kissed back every time their lips met, craving their touch every time they broke apart.

Sam started walking Gabriel backwards until his back was up against the wall. Gabriel smiled into the kiss before he started pulling off Sam's jacket. The younger hunter started tugging on the archangel's until both of them were off. Sooner rather than later they both had their shirts off, their wings folded back and pinned to their backs. The two soulmates were inseparable until they heard a faint flapping of wings and then the voice of Sam's older brother, Gabriel's younger brother's soulmate.