question

(This chapter takes place 1 month after previous chapter)
I sighed walking out of Ethics and Professionalism in Forensic Science, thinking of all of the work I had to do. "Hey." My new friend from class said as she walked out with me. "Hey, lily. What's up?" "Not much, just so stoked to do all this work!!" "Me too can't you tell how pumped I am?" "Yes I see it you're so pumped!" We laughed at our sarcastic banter. "Well I'm going this way so I'll see you later." "Bye lily."
I walked to my dorm and started my work. Halfway into my work, I got a call from KJ.
"Hey KJ."
"Hey jack."
"So what do you need?"
"Can you meet me by the pond near my dorm?"
"Yeah I'll be there in 5."
"Ok perfect. See you then."
"Bye."
I hung up and headed over to the pond.
What in the hell could this boy possibly want??
I finally made it to the pond and sat down next to KJ.
"So what do you need kj?"
"I have something to ask you."
"Ok, go ahead."
"Ok, jack, I like you. A lot. I don't know if you like me too or not but I figured it would be best to let you know. However, if you do feel the same, would you like to go on a date with me?"
"Oh wow. I wasn't expecting this."
"It's ok, I shouldn't have told you. It was stupid of me with you still getting over a breakup. I'll go now."
"No no, stay. I was going to tell you I like you too."
"Really?"
"Yes, but that was before you tried to get out of here like a rat escaping hot charcoal on a bowl."
"A what?"
"You haven't heard of rat torture?"
"No."
"Well they would take a bowl or cage, put rats in it, put it open side down on the victim, and put hot charcoal on the top, which would cause the rats to burrow into the victim to escape the heat of the charcoal."
"Damn."
"I know, sounds painful, doesn't it?"
"Definitely."
"Well I have to head bad to my dorm to finish my work. See you tomorrow?"
"Sure."
I hugged him goodbye and headed back to my dorm to work on my homework.