hurt

I made my way to my first class of the day, Forensic Biology

I made my way to my first class of the day, Forensic Biology. Thank god I got enough sleep last night, I already felt like absolute crap after what happened last night and I didn't need not enough sleep to add to that. I walked into class and found a table with a boy already sitting in the other seat next to it. "Hi, I'm Jackson, but you can call me jack." "Hi, Jackson, I'm Jacquelyn, but you can call me jack as well." "Oh wow, now we have two jacks in this class. It's about to get confusing." Just as he cracked a joke, the bell rang and class begun.
"Hello class, I am Mrs. Smith and welcome to Forensic Biology. I hope you enjoy this class as much as I do and I also hope you get something out of it other than just another grade." I could already tell that Mrs. Smith and I would get along very well even if she probably didn't know my name and wouldn't for the whole semester. Sucks, doesn't it?
-skip to end of classes-
Nothing interesting happened in my other classes, which are English and Introductory Genetics, besides meeting some classmates. On my way back to my dorm I bumped into someone. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going I'm sorry." I spoke visibly flustered by what just happened. "No it's oka-" "mitch? What are you doing here?" "Oh hi jack. I was just here visiting a friend who's a student here."
"Oh, who is it, if you don't mind me asking?"
"No it's ok. It's KJ Apa, I don't know if you know him or not but we met in hockey camp over the summer and we've been close ever since." "Yeah I know him, but that's nice that you can bond over a sport."
"Yeah it is."
"Um, I have to go it's getting late."
"Jack, it's 5 in the afternoon. I know you probably don't like me right now but why don't we talk? It'll be just like old times."
"Oh, uh, sure, why not."
"So how's school?"
"It's good. I really like it. I finally can study what I want to do as a career and not all just what the school requires."
We both sat down on a nearby bench.
"That's good that you like it."
An awkward silence filled the air.
Shit, say something, idiot.
"So how's hockey?"
"It's good. I made some friends on the team and everyone seems to like me."
"That's only right now, wait until later, they'll get annoyed by you."
I attempted to clear the air with a joke, and it actually worked, he laughed at my joke. Thank you Jesus.
"Mitch, I really hope that despite what happened we can still be friends. I know our feelings won't dissipate but I don't want to drift away from you because of this. I'm sorry I've just been thinking about it the past few days and freaking myself out."
"No, jack, I would never do that to you. Don't overthink it. I'm always right here, even when I'm busy."
He embraced me in a tight hug. Damn I missed his hugs, but I can't think of him like that anymore. We're just friends. God how I hated that word. It was only a word, but it had so much power, so much that it could keep relationships from happening. I really wished I wouldn't have agreed to talk with him, it was hurting me more than the breakup alone.
I started to tear up. I missed him so much and I just wanted him back, but both of us couldn't have a relationship right now, and that's what killed me. "I missed you so much."  "I missed you too, but we're here right now, and that's all that matters, even if we aren't together."
"I just wish we had the time."
"We will again, eventually."
"Yeah you're right."
We both stood up and hugged goodbye. Off I went to my dorm to go to bed.
----------------------
Hi everyone! I've decided to make this kj university hockey player au into a fanfic which I will be starting very soon. He will still be in this fanfic but this fanfic is about mitch so I figured why not make one for kj because I want to write more stories with him in them. I will let you guy know when it's up so please be patient. Thank you!