time files

*this chapter takes place two weeks after the previous chapter*
Mitch and I haven't really talked since I confessed my feelings to him. He called me the next morning to apologize and I accepted it but I couldn't face him, not with how he responded to my confession. I'd also been terribly busy with school and he'd been busy with hockey so it's not like we could really fit any time for each other anyway. I was currently walking to a local cafe to grab lunch while listening to music.
I walked into the small but cute cafe, going up to the counter to order my food. I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. My heart sank as I saw who walked in. You guessed it: Mitch. What in the everliving hell was he doing here? He was famous now, why would he  be in a tiny, local cafe like this? Oh god he's coming this way, shit. "Hello, Mitchell." He gave me a funny look, probably because I said Mitchell, a word I never use unless something is wrong. "Is something wrong?" "Oh, it's nothing," he looked relieved, but anyone who had a working brain would know that means something is wrong, "just that we haven't talked since you left me in the parking lot of your apartment building." I gave him a sarcastic smile. "You're kidding me, right?" "Mitch, do you even realize how much that hurt me?" "I guess you're right, I just thought you would be over it by now." "Mitch, when you're hurt like that, it takes a while to get over." "You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I just didn't know how to respond. I mean I just moved out here and I'm just getting acclimated to it, so it was just a lot to take in." "I get where you're coming from. I'm sorry I overwhelmed you like that, I didn't know that was how you felt." "It's okay, it's all in the past now, right?" "You're finally right about something." I grinned at him, and suddenly everything was alright again.