moving day ii

Today was August 20th, aka the day I move into my room at university. I boarded the train for the two hour ride to the University of Toronto Mississauga. Now the last thing I had to do was say goodbye to my parents. I wrapped both of them in a tight hug as we said goodbye, promising I'd call them when I get there. Then, I got on the bus, waved goodbye, plugged my headphones into my phone, and off I went.
-skip rest of train ride
I finally arrived at the University of Toronto, now I just had to find my hall. I put my belongings on a cart and headed towards the hall I'd be in: Oscar Peterson Hall. I got my keycard out to scan and made my way into the hall. I saw a sign with the room assignments at the beginning of the hallway. Jacquelyn: room 240. Okay, 240 where is that? I looked for my room number as I lugged my belongings down the hallway. After not too long of a walk down the hallway, I finally found it. I was expecting my roommate to be in there already, but to my surprise she wasn't. Not that it's a bad thing, it's a good thing rather, as I would get to pick my bed. I put my stuff down and then called my parents. I told them I got here okay and my room had a nice view of the campus grounds. Now to FaceTime Mitch, hopefully he would answer. Recently, he hasn't been answering my calls. He only answered the first day I called him and hasn't answered since. I pulled up his contact and tapped FaceTime. It rang and rang until, surprise, no answer. He promised he wouldn't forget about me, but it seems like he already has. I decided to go on a walk around campus to clear my head and familiarize myself with my surroundings. I ended up running into other students in my year and making some friends. My first day at university hasn't been that bad actually.