leaving

it was August 25, the day I had to pack up my stuff at Mitch's apartment and move back into my dorm room. I've been trying not to think about this day but I've been thinking about it for the past week. How could I not? It's the only thing that's coming up and it's a big deal. I just wish I was in my third year when I would be able to live off campus so I would be able to live with mitch. But would we even last that long?
----skip packing----
I finally arrived at my dorm and settled in with all of my stuff. I decided to take a walk around campus. It had become my yearly tradition to take a walk around campus on move in day. "Hey, can you show me where Magrath Valley is?" "Sure I'll walk you there. What's your name?" "Keneti, but everyone calls me KJ." "That's exotic. Mine is Jacquelyn, but everyone calls me Jack. Where are you from?" "I'm from Toronto, surprising I know. And I'm assuming you're from here?" "Yeah, born and raised. what year are you in?" "I'm in my second year, I just transferred from York University." "Oh me too, but why did you leave?" "I didn't really like it there, I thought this would be a better fit." "Well, I think it'll work out. You already have one friend." I smiled at him. We both laughed.
"Well, here's Magrath Valley. We should exchange numbers in case you get lost." I laughed. "Haha, very funny, but we should." We both took each other's phones and put our numbers in them. "It was nice meeting you, KJ. I'll see you around." "You too. Bye jack." I walked back to Oscar Peterson Hall and my roommate was all settled in by the time I got back. "Malika! It's been too long!" We enveloped each other in a hug. "Yes, I missed you so much!" "How was your summer?" "It was good. How was yours?" "It was great, I don't have anything to complain about!" "That's great! I'm going to head to the showers so I'll see you later." I went into the bathroom and got in the shower.
----15 minutes later----
I got out of the shower and dried off. I changed into my pyjamas and headed back to my dorm room. "Who's this KJ texting you?" Malika questioned me like my own mother would. "Oh I met him when I went on a walk around campus. He's a second year from York University." "Ooo, get it jack." "Malika, I have a boyfriend!" "Oh yeah how's that going?" "It's not bad, I just don't know if we're going to last that much longer. I have school and he has hockey, it's hard to find time to spend together." "Well, I hope it all works out." "Thanks, me too." I looked at the clock and it read 11:00. shit I need to go to bed. "I'm going to bed and you should too if you want to be well rested tomorrow morning." "Yeah you're right, mom. Goodnight."