recover

(2 months after previous chapter)

Today is the day I would finally see KJ play hockey

Today is the day I would finally see KJ play hockey. Being both a player and a fan I was ecstatic to watch him play for the first time.  He gave me his jersey to wear to the game and it was so big on me, I loved it. I arrived at the arena and made my way in. There was a pretty decent sized crowd in there, more people than I expected to come out. Within a few minutes, the game started. I scanned the players on the ice and eventually I found KJ. I was so happy I came to see him play, he seemed to be playing better with me here. Maybe I was his good luck charm. By the time the second period had started, u of t was up by 1 and the other team had no goals. Suddenly, someone called my name from behind me.
"Oh hi mitch. Here to support KJ I'm guessing?"
"Yeah, you too?"
"Yeah, gotta support your bo-best friend." Jesus, that was close, but he probably caught it.
"What did you say?"
"Gotta support your best friend, you know?"
"Oh uh yeah." Yeah he definitely caught my mistake, damn it.
The buzzer went off, signalling the start of the third period.
"Well, I'll see you later, jack."
"Yeah, it was nice seeing you." "You too. Later."
Oh Jesus I messed up. It's obvious KJ is my boyfriend, I'm wearing his jersey for christ's sake.
U of T won 2-0! I started to walk up the bleachers to go downstairs and wait for KJ to get out of the locker room and congratulate him on his first win.
"Congratulations KJ! You guys played great!" I pulled him in for a hug.
"Thanks hun. It was a hard game but it was worth the win."
"It's always worth the win." "Hey KJ, you played a hell of a game out there!" Mitch came down the hall towards us. "Oh hey mitch, thanks bro what's up? How's hockey?" "It's good, the season basically just started." "That's good."
"Yeah. Well, I'll see you guys later I gotta run." "Bye mitch."
"See ya later bro."
"Do you know him or something? You looked like you knew him but not in a good way."
"He's my ex boyfriend." "Oh, how come you never mentioned him?"
"I didn't think you knew him. The breakup was mutual anyway."
"How long ago did you guys break up?"
"A little over two months ago."
"Oh that's relatively recent."
"Yeah, but I'm over it, it's ok."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah I'm fine."
We walked out of the arena together and back to where our halls are. We walked and talked for over an hour before actually going back to our dorms. By the time I got to my room it was 12 am, but thank god it was Friday and not a school night.