"Hmm," Shehryaar mused as he let her head go and stalked in front of her.

Anissa was married to him. Through coerced circumstances.

Anissa looked at him closely. Even in the darkly lit room, he stood out.

Another fact of reality that life was cruel. He was so beautiful that it was surreal.

She remembered how his Amna and her own parents had asked her to be a good wife and fulfil every resposinility of a good wife. They were proud and held so many expectations.

But how could she? Even when she tried she failed.

Simply because they were both so different from each other.

Where Anissa was a kind and caring woman with standards of life meeting at the norm, Shehryaar was a hard and dark man with a mind frame of a criminal.

She was light.

He was the darkness.

She was normal.

He was complicated.

She was simple.

He was complex.

In every sense, they were polar opposites of each other yet they complimented each other.

And now, at present, they were at the crossroads of their destinies.

No one can know what their future holds for them. Anissa had expected things to work out normally when she was married to Shehryaar. But he kept surprising her at every turn. She could've never comprehended about the things that he had done to her. She thought that the least he would do was subject her to abuse.

But his abuse wasn't the domestic type. Rather, it was a sick twisted and sadistic type that targeted her at every level.

Physical.

Emotional.

Spiritual.

And now psychological.

The amount of damage he had done on her and the sins he had committed against her were just too much. She didn't even want to think about them anymore.

They certainly didn't know that they would

She couldn't bring herself to blame anyone least of herself. Nothing was to be pinned with the blame of her suffering.

She fought as best as she could and thus she couldn't blame herself. Her parents were oblivious and deceived after all they only wanted to fulfil their duty towards Anissa so she couldn't blame them either.

Then who could she blame?

Shehryaar?

Yes, he was to be blamed. But now wasn't the time for such sentiments.

Two lives were at stake. Her eyes went back to the screen as she saw the race full environment her parents in their small living room.

She loved them so much.

And she had to sacrifice her womanhood and pride and grovel for them to the likes of a disgusting human being like Shehryaar.

No, he wasn't even human now in her eyes.

Shehryaar crossed her arms on his chest. "So what will it be? A death by slitting their throats? Or death by gun shot straight between their eyes?" Shehryaar inquired, his brow jumping up in sadistic pleasure.

The sick bastard was revelling in the moment and especially in Anissa's pain.

"Please Shehry, don't hurt my parents." She pleaded.