chapter six

I was woken by the sound of someone crying out in agony, making me shoot my head up to see Grayson lying on the hotel room floor, holding his foot in the most awkward position.
" shit " He cursed, making me giggle as I caught onto what he'd done.
Possibly one of the worst pains out there, he'd stubbed his toe.
" it's not funny, you know how fucking painful it is " Grayson said through gritted teeth, as I climbed out of the bed, walking straight past him and into the bathroom.
" good morning to you too, Gray "

I looked into the mirror, admiring the autumnal outfit I had chosen to wear. Some black ripped jeans, a thin light brown coloured shirt, and a denim jacket.
I curled my hair, not bothering with much makeup as I now sat on the bed, waiting for Grayson to finish getting ready.
He stepped out of the bathroom, his hair now dry after the shower he just had. He was wearing no shirt, his black jeans low enough to show his v line, something which made me squirm.
" you ready? " Grayson asked with an adorable smile, looking at my outfit.
" don't you mean, are you ready? You're the one with no shirt on, Gray " I giggled, bending down and looking through the suitcase.
I pulled out one of my favourite shirts of his, handing it to him. He took it, slipping it on quickly before heading towards the dressing table and grabbing his keys.
Grayson took a few steps towards me, both of his hands now on either side of my arms as he smiled, leaning down and pecking my lips before smirking.
" first day of New York here we come "

I grinned as we headed down the street, admiring the front view of the hotel which we hadn't seen in all of its glory until now. It looked so fancy, and expensive. Of course Grayson was going to go all out though, he never stops spoiling me.
" let's get breakfast, I know a cute place " Grayson said, intertwining his fingers with mine as we headed towards a small cafe.
It was right at the end of the street that the The Peninsula was on, so it was rather quick and easy to get to.

I was getting so many amazing vibes from NY already, and we hadn't even gotten out properly yet. Sure we'd left the hotel and got breakfast, but I was yet to see what the city is known for. The Empire State Building, times square, were both at the top of our to do list.
Grayson beamed with excitement as he took my hand again, leading me out of the cafe and back onto the street. He looked left and right, before leading me towards the left.
" do you actually know where you're going, Gray? " I giggled, earning a nod, followed by a chuckle.
" yep, you've got to trust me on this. We're going to the Empire state building first " Grayson told me, as I grinned, ecstatic.

I looked up at the buildings above me as we inched closer and closer, all of them looking as if they were built to absolute perfection. I was pretty sure I could see the peak of the extremely tall building, making me grin, squeezing Grayson's hand in excitement. He laughed at me, squeezing mine too and kissing my head as we walked.
New York was already beating my expectations. I expected it to be amazing, but this is a whole other story.

Soon enough, I was staring up at the famous building, my lips parted in shock as Grayson looked it at it too. Many people were stood, taking photos and videos, something which I obviously expected.
I wasn't sure whether Grayson wanted to go up or not, but I definitely did. All I knew was that he's afraid of heights, so maybe may not the most amazing combination. It'll still be an experience for the two of us, anyway.
" Are we going up? " I asked with hope in my eyes, Grayson shaking his head in amusement with a sigh.
" I was hoping you wouldn't ask "  He said quickly, making me giggle as I nudged his side slightly.
" oh come on. You've jumped out of a plane before! It's not like I'm going to push you off the side, Gray " I laughed, making my boyfriend roll his eyes.
" to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised... and I only jumped out of the plane because Ethan paid me!!! " Grayson defended, acting as if he didn't already have enough money himself.
" one, you and Ethan probably share a bank account, and two, you're acting as if you had no choice " I pointed out, messing up his hair which he hadn't styled much today anyway.
I love it like that, though. So soft, fluffy and messy looking, it's adorable.
The boy let out a sigh, taking my hand back in his again before beginning the walk towards the entrance, the large building now towering over us.

Eventually we paid, stood in the elevator which was taking us up to the very top floor. As the lit up numbers got larger, I could tell that Grayson's nerves grew ten times more.
" I'm not going to let anything happen to you, okay? Unless you fall off the edge. Then I can't really help that " I joked, making Grayson groan and shake his head, whilst I laughed.
" I'm kidding, you'll be fine " I said honestly, resting my head on his shoulder for the rest of the way up, the elevator dinging shortly after.
Everyone rushed out, now on the viewing area at the top, desperately digging in their bags for their phones to take in the view. The crowd was so big, that I couldn't even see past them, all I could see was the sky, and a bunch of heads.
I grabbed Grayson's hand, pushing through with him behind me.
" I think we're fine just here, Bella! " I heard Grayson say in fear, obviously not wanting to get close to the edge.
I laughed, still pulling him through before we reached the front, my jaw dropping. Photos, really do not do that view justice. It's so hard to describe, but it was something that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand and goosebumps form all over my arms. I stared at the view in awe, a large smile on my face as the crowd spread out, finally giving us a little more space.
The skyscrapers were already glowing, even though it was broad daylight. I could only imagine what it would be like at night, but we'd make sure to go back.
" fuck my shit " Grayson cursed to himself as he cautiously looked over the edge, staring down at the ground with wide eyes and jolting back immediately.
I smirked, raising a brow and propping my hand on my hip before speaking.
" I might have to take you up on that offer "

_______________________________

  I'm so so happy to be writing the New York chapters!!
I'm also going to be updating my jack dail fanfic soon, and I'm super excited!! I know Shelby is too haha

Instagram: @droopdolan
twitter: @droopdolan

DM me anytime!!🍂