He bent down, just enough to let me onto his back. I crawled up slowly and carefully, mindful of my stomach. Once I was comfortable, Damen started to walk forward. He was going very slowly, nervous about hurting our baby.

I ran my hands through his soft fur, smiling. My wolf was purring and reminding me over and over again that he was ours forever. "Speed up a little, would you?"

He did as told, but was still going a little slow for my taste. I bit back any more complaints and just dealt with it. I love you, Myra.

I laughed. "I know."

Damen kept at a steady pace, despite the rough terrain we were enountering. Smiling, I drifted to sleep. I don't know why, exactly, I wasn't tired.

Myra! We are almost there! Wake up! Damen yelled through my thoughts.

I sat up, gripping his fur. "We are? How long was I asleep?" It was dark.

He yipped. Only four or five hours. You didn't miss much, only my epic battle with a rabbit!

I laughed at his sarcasm. "How exciting!"

Damen slowed down a walk before he told me to get off and get his clothes out. I shuffled throught the bag pulling out a nice shirt and clean pair of jeans, boxers, and socks. I pulle out the boot and set them upon a thin winter coat.

He shifted and pulled on the clothes. "I would have woken you earlier but I figured that you need your rest," He said.

I looked around and immediately recognized the area. It was about a quarter mile from our pack house and even closer to our territory. "You should have woken me earlier, just in case but it's okay. Let's go!" I pulled at his hand and started walking, slowly building up into a sprint until we passed through the border. Everyone would know who I am, but they would be weary of Damen, especially if we were running. His scent would be unrecognizable, since he's a hybrid. Lucky for me, there is almost no difference between the scent of a shifter and the scent of a werewolf.

The lands were pretty silent, being early morning. There would only be the guards and possibly my father. He was expecting me so he'd want to be up whenever I got to the pack. We slowly made our way throught the pack lands until we ran into a guard.

"Myra?" He said, in a husky voice. "Who is this?"

The guard narrowed his eyes at Damen, causing him to cower. I've never been this close to a bunch of werewolves before. He said.

I held Damen behind me. "My mate. His name is Damen Connery."

"Mmhhmm," The guard said. I never knew many of the guards, but they knew me quite well. When I was little, my dad always had a few of them by my sides to protect me. "Very well," He sighed, "Follow me. Your father has been waiting for you."

Damen was fearful. He was going to meet the man that turned him into a hybrid again and he didn't know that he could trust the Alpha.I squeezed his hand reassuringly and smiled weakly. We walked with the guard for about ten minutes before we reached the door to my father's conference room. He knocked loudly before the door flung open revealing a tired looking alpha.

I gasped when he pulled me into a soft embrace. Damen stepped back, fearfully. My dad had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was disheveled. The large conference table was adorn with scattered papers and coffee rings. He buried his face in my hair and let out a soft whimper. "Myra," he whispered.

I stood there unsure of what to do. "Dad?"

Damen's P.O.V.

That guard looked at me like I was a meal. I could tell that he didn't want me here. I wouldn't want me here, either, if I were him. He led us through several twists and turns until we came to a heavy decorated, wooden door. It was carved with several ancient symbols of the wolves ancient language.