Chapter 10 - History

Leah -We were running as fast as we could to get to Bella in time, all of us following her scent, it was a little difficult as that bloodsucker had hidden the tracks quite well and his smell nearly overpowered hers, but being her mate it was strong for me, so i took point on this , Sam didn't mind, as i know he would have done the same if Emily had been taken. The thoughts of what we might find when we got there were running through my head " Leah calm down " Sam told me through our mind link " We can't jump to those conclusions" He said, as i was thinking of death. We made a left turn and we entered an abandoned warehouse area, Bella's scent was getting stronger, so pushed on and burst through the wooden doors of the warehouse, and i could smell that this was the correct one, i ran through sniffing as i went and jumped through the only other door in the place. I froze. 

There stood Edward in the middle of the room. Blood dripping down his chin, fangs out and his eyes red. 

The rest of the pack and the other Cullen's had followed me into the room and had stopped behind me when they had seen the scene in front of me. I scanned the room and my eyes fell on a body, slouched on a chair, hands and feet tied. It was a girl, brown hair with a leather jacket on. My jacket. I circled over to the chair, keeping an eye on Edward at all times,  i bowed my head to take a look at the girls face, and i dropped to my knees. Bella. There was to little blood left for her to change. He had tried and gotten to hungry. I let out my howl, turning into a scream and tears as my body phased back to human. Not caring i was naked. My mate,my one true love. Was Dead. 

No ones pov - The Cullen's and the rest of the wolf pack saw the scene in front of them and waited for Leah's reaction. A howl and tears, gave them the answer that they needed. The all jumped into action. Edward was to die. The wolves and Cullen's worked together to bring Edward down. It was not easy for the Cullen's as Edward had human blood running through his veins now and was a lot stronger than them but with the team work of the wolves, they managed to bring him to his knees. But not without injury, Quill ended up with a broken foot and Alice was holding Jasper's hand as his shoulder was dislocated from being thrown across the room. Once they were sure they had him secured, Sam went over to Leah and nudged her shoulder with his nose. Leah wiped her eyes and looked over to where they had Edward with anger in her eyes. Leah didn't not say anything but merely moved into a corner and phased back to her wolf form. Teeth bared as she walked slowly towards Edward. Pain in her eyes but as she stood in front of him, this turned to anger and rage. With one nod, Emmett and Carlisle ripped his arms from his sockets, and Leah took one large bite. Within them being there for less than 30 minutes. Leah shifted back to human form. Taking Emmett's shirt and coat, to cover herself up with. She walked away from what remained of Edwards body. "Deal with him, as you see fit" She said to Carlisle. Who simply nodded. 

Leah walked over to Bella's body still slouched in the chair, Bite mark in her neck, She took a large deep breath and ripped the rope from around her hands and feet and took her weight as she fell. Leah slipped her arm under Bella's legs and another under her shoulders and walked out, with the light of a fire burning behind her. Once she had gotten a safe distance away, she lay Bella down in the grass, and cried. Sam came up behind her and she heard him say something about Emily was on her way with the van so they could transport Bella back. She gave a nod and merely sat next to Bella. Thinking about what could have been. 

Emily arrived 10 minutes later and with the help of Paul, Bella was placed in the back seat, with her head in Leah's lap, The boys would run home and meet her there. The drive was quiet and Emily did not speak. Knowing that Leah was grieving in her own way and did not wish to disturb her. They arrived back at the house and once again Paul helped bring Bella into the house, up the stairs and into Leah's room. As was the ruling of the tribe. A mates goodbye is done in the privacy of the home, for a one day before they are buried. This was Leah's time to say goodbye. Unsure of what to say, Leah just lay down next to Bella, and closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around her, and simply enjoyed the feeling of her next to her for the last time. Dreaming of what there life may have been like and what their children would have been called. What their wedding would have looked like, and growing old together, as Leah would have stopped shifting if Bella had asked her too. 

Leah - I slowly woke up from my sleep, and reality hit me. My Bella was gone. Oh god what she going to tell Charlie. Her mum. Everyone. I closed my eyes and allowed the tears that had been building up since we first found her to flow freely. I was so sad and hurt, that i nearly missed the angelic voice that i have loved from the first time i had heard it at the La push bonfire. " Why is my Love crying" I froze. Turned my head around slowly to be met with not the usual brown eyes of my Mate but the Silver of what i had only read about in books . I licked my lips and cleared my my throat and spoke one word for the first time that day. 

"Bella"

WHAT HAS HAPPENED ????

HOWS IS BELLA ALIVE ??

WAS SHE TRULY HUMAN ???