Chapter 8 - Inner Wolf

Bella - I have no idea what just happened, One minute we were kissing and it was awesome, then all of sudden she pulled away and said "I'm sorry". I just looked at her with concern and went to move closer, as she had moved to the end of the bed, she looked up at me like a deer in headlights. " Baby what do you mean your sorry, you didn't do anything wrong" i told her with concern in my voice, and rubbing my hand up her arm, which she flinched at, and caused me to frown. " Talk to me beautiful, remember i'm here no matter." I could see here inner struggle as if she was fighting to tell me something but wanting not to. She took one look at me and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry because i cant go any further than that" It took me a minute to realize what she was going on about, and i shook my head and smiled as i took her hand in mine " Hey its okay no worries i totally get it, we can go as slow as you want" i tell her. I thought us talking would help but she just furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head, " No you don't get it " she tells me in almost a firm but confused tone. I just tilt her chin up so she is looking at me "Why don't you try and explain it to me then babe, i'm all ears" i smile at her. I feel her relax and turn to me fully, take another breath and open her mouth to explain.

Leah -

I know Bella is trying to understand but sometimes there are just things that are to difficult to tell, but she wants to know so i'm going to try my very best to tell her, i hope she doesn't run after. "Okay so you know we are wolves right?" she looks at me like i'm being stupid, of course she does. " Okay so the wolf doesn't just change us into wolves, its like a animal inside of us, like a spirit animal" I look over to see if she is keeping up, a smile and nod tells me so, so i continue " Well once we find our mate, our inner wolf gets a lot more active, like protective and such, it also gets a lot more sexual, the reason i said sorry and stopped was because my inner wolf was trying to take control, and if that happens then she will want to mark you as her mate" I take a large breath because this is the most important thing to say, i get a arm rub as support from Bella, i secretly pray to god she doesn't freak out and run. "So a mark when i'm me is nothing, its like a hickey, but if my inner wolf is in control then its like a bite, and it turns into like a tattoo of sorts, allowing other wolves to know your someones mate" Before i can continue she speaks out

" That's so cool so i get a free tattoo and everyone will know i'm your's" With a smile, i nod " However there is something bad about it" She looks at me confused and i continue " Its bad because that mark would be powerful and you would go through the transformation" Again she asks what that means " Bella it means you would be a wolf and i would never want to take your humanity away without you allowing me or giving me the permission to. She looks at me and smiles, leans in and kisses me, my eyes automatically close and i take a breath. "Thank you for explaining this, i know it was difficult and it took a lot , Now i don't know about you but i have school tomorrow, so i think its time for sleep. She gets up, goes to my draws and gets some shorts and a tank top, she has learnt from the last time that i radiate a lot of heat, so she doesn't need to wear a lot. Once she comes back, i go and change and then we cuddle under the covers, her in my arms and i watch as her breathing slows and she drifts of to sleep. " I love you" i whisper as i close my eyes and let sleep take me away.

Bella - I'm so glad that Leah told me all of that stuff, what she doesn't know though is that i want to be a wolf, so that i can be with her forever. I'm going to tell her eventually, but not know, she currently thinks i'm asleep but i'm just listening to her heart beating, and just as i'm about to go to sleep i hear her whisper " I love you", i then fall asleep with a smile on my face.