pretty girl

------------------------------------------------------------
in which ~ we discover grocery bags
------------------------------------------------------------

finn's p.o.v.

"-i told her we're better as friends and she slapped me." gaten sighs, taking a long puff of his cigarette.

i take a drag of mine, letting the smoke fill my lungs. i don't usually smoke, only when i'm stressed.

"i don't know what to say gaten."

he smiles weakly, letting his curly hair fall onto his face.

"i really think you screwed up." i whisper, looking away.

"you know, i thought that too, at first. but now that she's not mine, it's like a weight's been lifted from my shoulders. i- it's like all this time i felt that i had to love grace, but now i can just be carefree again."

i toss my cigarette onto the ground, putting it out with the toe of my shoe.
"that's fucked up, man."

"the world's fucked up finn."

i run my hands through my hair. "shut up gaten, not everything has to be that deep."

when he doesn't answer, i speak again. "i'm gonna go find millie."

-

i wrap my arms around the slender burnette, breathing in her scent.

she giggles.

"i missed you." i burry my face in her fluffy brown hair.

she turns, wrapping her arms around my neck. "it's only been a few hours finnie."

i smile, remembering the night before. "i can't stand being apart from you, pretty girl. you fascinate me."

sadie clears her throat.

millie turns, a blush creeping on her soft cheeks.

"when...did this happen?" sadie asks genuinely.

i smirk, biting my bottom lip. "well...i got in the shower with millie and-"

sadie gasps and millie swats at my chest.

"we were both fully clothed." millie fumes, the words rolling quickly off her british tounge.

sadie grins, shaking her head. "maybe i don't want to know."

millie giggles and i kiss her neck.

"did you two have fun last night." caleb interupts, sliding an arm around sadie's waist and pulling her in close.

i blush and caleb winks.

millie shoots him a glare.

"that's my girl." i whisper in her ear.

"let's go somewhere." millie smiles up at me.

-

we stare up at the sky from the roof of my van that we've parked in an empty lot.

millie smiles the brightest i've ever seen her smile. her laughter floods the air. her pretty eyes sparkle like stars and her heart pounds as loud as the galaxy. i sure am lucky that nobody takes intrest in astronomy nowadays, or else someone would've noticed the way her smile was brighter than the sun. noticed the way her laughs sounds like stars being born. how she danced like meteors shooting through a nights sky.