inky teardrops

------------------------------------------------------------
in which ~ we discover to never make assumptions if you've only seen one point of view
------------------------------------------------------------
two months ago at millie bobby brown's birthday party...

finn's p.o.v.

when i saw millie step out of that room in that stunning black dress, i nearly fell off the stool, she's so beautiful.  her perfect red lips opened and i couldn't hear what she was saying, i was in awe.

i stumbled off the stool and hurried over to her, wrapping my arms around her small body and pulling her close.

her soft breathing made me melt and i couldn't help but tell her.
"millie, you look beautiful."  i breath, truth filling my words.

she smiles and her cheeks get rosy.  i feel mine get hot, oh what she does to me.  she looks down at her bare feet and i lift her chin, grazing my fingers over her cheek.

"happy birthday."  i whisper.

i leave her there and go back to finishing the decorations.  delicately, i hang up the baby blue streamers and the banner that states 'happy birthday millie'.  noah said that it was cheesy to have a banner but i just want millie's day to be perfect.

everybody comes home, with drinks and snacks to spare.

i waltz over to where millie's standing and i wrap my arm around her, pulling her body close and engulfing myself in her sweet scent.

she laughs and i give her a confused look.

"what's so funny pretty girl?"  

"n-nothing." she stammers.  i give her shoulder a squeeze.

i plant a kiss on her cheek.  "the guest'll be here soon."

she takes a deep breath.  "let's go to our room first."  she surprises me.  

the smile on my face grows.   "i thought you'd never ask."

we hurry down the hall and both eagerly jump on our bed.  we cuddle close to each other, i run my fingers through her hair and she hides her face in my chest.

"i don't think this party's a good idea."  she sighs.

i pull her closer.  "nonsense.  it's my girl's birthday and we need to celebrate."

she smiles, that gorgeous smile.  

as i push my hands through her hair, it glistens from the light of the window, shining like the brightest star in the sky.  her scarlet cheeks are balled up 'cause her smile's as big as the moon.

she looks up at me and plants sloppy kisses on my tender lips.  her face crinkles as she thinks.

"what are you thinking about, pretty girl."  i ask.

"you and me, you know we aren't eternal."

my eyebrows furrow.  "don't think about that pretty girl."

she looks up at my eyes.  "you didn't let me finish."

i motion for her to continue.