epilogue

a/n: i love you guys, so here's an epilogue. cherish it 'cause that's the last of this story you'll be reading :)

enjoy!!

------------------------------------------------------------

4 years later...

millie's p.o.v.

i sat gazing into my vanity mirror. i spread the crimson lipstick over my lips, running fingers through my soft brown hair.

closing my eyes, a smile grows across my lips. i shake my head.

tonight's the night. the big five year anniversary. five years since that dumbass ran over my bag. five years since that freckled boy found his way into my heart and made me a sappy mess.

my stomach does somersaults as i think of our date tonight. although it's not our first date, the butterflies still seem to happen, every single time.

oh what you do to me wolfhard.

i bite my lip, thinking of the years that have past, the memories we've made.

without finn i wouldn't have met all these amazing people, without finn i wouldn't be alive.

standing up and flattening my white dress, i slip into my heels, nearly falling over.

a knock on my door sends my gaze to the giddy redhead who's head peeks from behind my wall.

"sadie! you came!" i squeal, hugging her quickly. "close the door so finn doesn't see us."

"of course i came, i wouldn't miss seeing my best friend before her big date." she takes her coat off, unraveling the scarf that's wrapped around her neck. "i feel like i haven't seen you in forever!"

i grin as she flops down on my bed.
"we've got to catch up gingerbread."

sadie nods, her frostbitten cheeks forming a smile. "how's the move been?"

"it sure is odd having this whole house to ourselves." i rub my forehead. "the loneliness seems to bother finn but what scares me most is the silence."

my red haired friend shoots me a look of reassurance. "i know how that feels. once you have kids it's different though, your home will seem fuller."

i grin, it's still strange to think of my friends having children, none the less two toddlers.

"how are benjamin and luna? i haven't seen those munchkins in forever."

sadie chuckles. "ah the usual, caleb's too soft on them, they need discipline."

i take a seat on the bed next to her.

the redhead rolls onto her side, looking up to me. "so when's wolfhard going to man up and pop the question?"

i bite my inner cheek. "oh i don't know..." i trail off. "have you been back over to the apartment lately? i think jack moved in."

sadie narrows her eyes. "no changing the subject brownie."

i giggle.

"i've known finn my whole life, it must be killing him that you still don't have his last name."

"i don't know sadie... maybe he doesn't want to get married."

sadie sits up. "don't think like that mills, of course he wants to marry you. i should get caleb to start pushing him." she brushes a strand of her ginger locks behind her ear.