empty

------------------------------------------------------------
in which ~ we discover that love is like a sliver that just won't come out
------------------------------------------------------------
two weeks later, millie's been living at finn's apartment...

finn's p.o.v.

"-i don't know." i admit, looking up at my brother.  "i was so sure that i was over her, that i didn't love her anymore."

nick sighs, shifting in his seat, and looking around the roof we sit upon.

"and then today, she ran past me giggling and flipping her hair, looking back at sadie with a huge smile on her face."

a fog comes over me for a minute, remembering when millie did that with me.

"i was so hopelessly in love with her.  i guess that's something that takes a lot of time to get over."

nick reaches over and ruffles my hair, a weak smile plastered on his face, a look of brotherly concern crossing his eyes.

i flutter my eyes closed, shutting out the world around me. 

-

millie's p.o.v.

"-hey sads? you ready?"  caleb shouts down the hall, i hear the jingling of car keys.

i glance at sadie who's seated on her bed, struggling into an intricate pair of heels.  i giggle and she lifts her head, her tounge sticking out with concentration.

"can ya stall him for me mills?  i gotta finish this."  she looks up at me with her big ocean eyes and i cave.

"of course."  i wink, slipping down the hall, heading towards the tall boy at the end.

he looks up, flustered.

"what have you done with my girlfriend?" caleb asks, looking down the hall longingly.

i push him back playfully,  ignoring the pain shooting up my arm from my wrists that have yet to heal. "don't act so disappointed to see me."

he throws his arms up in protest.

"ms. sink will be out shortly."  i grin.  "so now that it's just me and you, spill."

"huh?"

i roll my eyes.  "where are you taking her for your anniversary?"

"not telling." 

"pleaseeee." i beg.

he crosses his arms.  "no millie, you'll just have to wait till she gets home afterwards."

i groan, and step aside as i hear the clacking of sadie's heels.

grinning, i present sadie to caleb.

his jaw drops and sadie twirls around, milking the moment.

they exchange silent whispers and caleb wraps an arm around sadie's waist, turning to face me.

"well, we should get going." he smiles.

i nod.

sadie hugs me, giddiness flowing through her, and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"go have fun gingerbread." i urge, pulling away.

the readhead furrows her eyebrows, biting her lip.  "you sure you'll be alright staying here alone with you-know-who..."