cherry chapstick

------------------------------------------------------------
in which ~ we discover park benches and windy afternoons
------------------------------------------------------------

the piercing sound of a bullet being shot rung through finn wolfhard's ears on that fateful saturday afternoon.

he turned around on the empty park's bench where he sat, meeting the shooter's gaze.

tears filled his eyes as he took in the aura of the short brown haired girl.  her blushed cheeks and wild chestnut eyes.  the dark green trees that stood on either side of the daring girl, swayed back and forth in the soft silent wind.  

millie bobby brown took one step forward and fell to the ground directly behind the bench where a teary eyed boy and his dog sat awestruck.

-
2 hours prior...

millie's p.o.v.

i grab hold of the gun, turning it over on my palm and a shiver goes down my spine, thinking of memories before i met finn. 

a smile crosses my lips as i stare down at what finn got engraved upon my silver gun.

f.w.  &  m.b.b.
3//6//2017 - present day

glancing down at the bare feet below me, i take hold of finn's hand. 

he huffs, confusion reading across his cheeks.  "well what's the verdict brown, are you leaving?" 

finn pulls me into his chest, holding his arms around me tightly.

"actually i'm changing my mind.  the deal's off."  his voice wavers and i can tell that he's scared i'll leave.

"finn wolfhard."

"yes?"

i clear my throat.  "you are the best thing that's ever happened to me."

tears well up in finn's eyes and he looks down.

i tuck the gun in my back pocket, taking his other hand in mine.  i take a step closer, closing the gap between us and breathing in his aroma. 

"i love you to the point that it hurts." i ramble on.  "whenever i see you talking to other girls, my stomach aches.  and when my eyes meet yours?  it feels like my heart bursts from my chest."

finn smiles through his glistening eyes.

"i know it's not healthy, i know.  it's almost like a desease, this love coursing through my veins.  it might destroy me, i know it may.  but somehow i know, it saved me, too."

he looks up, flustered.
"millie i-"

"-i'm in love with you finn wolfhard and nothing you give me could ever change that."  i cut finn off.

i stand on my tiptoes, placing my hands on either side of his face and slowly, pull his lips onto mine.

this kiss is warm and fuzzy, feeling like how i know pure love feels. 

i smile into the kiss and feel him echo my actions.  

when we break apart, gasping for air, the smile stays frozen upon his lips, composing the symphony of freckles that dot his cheeks into an orchestra of silly grins and blushed melodies.

utopia | fillieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें