47

**Gianni Bien's POV

I spent my days and nights in loneliness. But I somehow make it through whenever Miranda's grinning face beams on my phone screen.

Nothing beats her warm love from my tiring and hectic life in New York. I was fortunate enough to be accepted at Columbia Business School. This is a major news and I never thought that I could even make it. My parents were so proud and I am to myself. Feeling like I'm nurturing myself as an individual. I was nervous at first, but Miranda on the other hand, has been full supportive. The day of my departure, all I thought is that she will only send me off. Pero laking gulat ko nang sabihin nitong sasamahan niya ako sa pag-alis. Look who's being clingy.

Today is an ordinary day like the rest of my days here in my apartment. I feel lazy, tired, and restless. I took a day off from work and coincidentally, my professor cancelled today's class. Tinatamad rin ako na magluto kaya minabuti ko na lang na mag-order ng pizza. I know it's unhealthy but I already got accustomed with it.

-Doorbell Ring-

I placed my book down on my table and groggily went to open the door.

"Surprise!" Nagulat ako pagkabukas ko ng pintuan ko. Miranda is looking like a model with her luggage behind her. Agad ako nitong niyakap ng mahigpit, "See, I told you. I will visit you whenever I miss you." Actually, she already visited me countless of times. Proof that she misses me every time and that I have a very sweet girlfriend.

"You silly girl." I smiled at her, "As always, you have the right timing." I peck her lips at hinila na ang dala nitong mga bagahe.

"My love, until when are you going to stay?"

"I just got here and you're asking me until when will I stay?" She squints her eyes at me, "Fine, I will leave."

I smiled at my dramatic girlfriend, "You know what I mean, Mir. Mas marami kasi itong dala mo ngayon kesa sa huling dalaw mo. And it took you a month here." Niyakap ko na ito panlalamabing ko lang, "And you know how happy I am whenever you visit me." I sighed in content.

"Oh that?" Turo niya sa isang maleta niya, "Is actually yours. Pinapabigay ni Tita sa'yo."

"Really?" I feel giddy that my Mother sent me stuffs. I was about to open it but Miranda stopped me.

"My love, I swear New York gets colder and colder. Come here, baby." Umupo ito sa couch ko and gestures me to get in between her arms. I happily obliged and nuzzles into her hair.

"You still smell so good." I murmured. Odors have a power of persuasion stronger than that of words, appearances, emotions, or will. The persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off, it enters into us like breath into our lungs, it fills us up, imbues us totally. There is no remedy for it.