37

**Gianni Bien's POV

(Note: The following Court Scene is fictional or hango sa mga napapanood ko na Court Scenes ng IBANG BANSA)

I don't have a clue if a fast verdict is a good news or a bad news, but my stomach is tangled up in knots.

I've never been to a place who brings coldness to my body and my soul at once. If I stay too long in this Courtroom, it will be the death of me.

The seats are packed and people are standing in rows along the back, taking up every spare inch of this place. Fear and anticipation hangs thick in the air around us.

Nasa harapan ko ngayon na nakaupo si Farrah at katabi nito ang kanyang abogado. Si Nanay Neti naman ay nasa aking kanan, nagdadasal ng taimtim. My family and friends also came to support Farrah on this day.

Today's the day that Farrah will acquire justice for what had happened to her. And this is a controversial case because of Hugo's fame. After an emotional words coming from Farrah, her stating how she was treated. Nagsisisi ako na hindi ko nilubos-lubos ang pagkakataon para burahin ang mukha ni Hugo.

I want to be near Farrah but I'm not allowed to. I want her to feel that she's going to be okay after this. Nakatitig lang ako sa likuran nito at minamatyagan ang bawat kilos niya.

Hinihintay na lang namin ngayon ang magiging hatol sa kasong ito.

"Neticia..." Si Mayor Gustavo ang nagsalita. Nabigla kaming pareho ni Nanay Neti sa presensya nito, "Bakit hindi mo ako sinabihan sa nangyayari sa anak natin?" May halong galit ang tono nito.

Hindi ito ininda ni Nanay Neti.

"Sir." I offered him the space on my left. Sumulyap muna ito kay Nanay Neti na parang may nais pa sana itong sabihin pero tumungo na lang ito sa tabi ko.

"Has the jury reached a verdict?" The judge asks, his commanding voice, confident and strong over the silence.

"We have, your honor."

The bailiff walks over to the foreman, who hands him a folded piece of paper. The judge glances at it, nods his head, and hands it back.

"Will the defendant please rise and face the jury?" The judge turned to Hugo, who in return stood up from his chair. This guy even have the guts to straighten his collar and tugs on the bottom of his tailored suit jacket.

I study the faces of the Juror as they look at Hugo, trying to get some idea of their decision. But I can't.

I can hardly breathe, as if I'm breathing through a thin straw making my lungs locked up.

Time is moving in a very slow motion as the foreman unfolds the slip of paper and clears his throat.

"On the first charge of rape and attempted murder, We, the jury, find that the defendant, Mr. Hugo Dela Vega..."

"Guilty."

Whispers shudders through the courtroom. I exhaled loudly when I heard the final word.

The foreman continues to read each individual charge. With each guilty verdict, a feeling of gratitude ripples through me. I can see Farrah's shoulders shaking. She's crying. I want to hold her so badly.

We wait as the Judge and jury go through the rest of procedure and as soon as we are dismissed, Hugo shouted surprising all of us, "Hindi ako ang totoong may sala nito! Ikulong niyo man ako ay hindi niyo maibibigay ang totoong hustisya kay Farrah!" Nilagyan na ng posas ang parehong kamay nito at umalerto ako nang maglakad ito palapit kay Farrah. I jumped out the wood divider separating me and Farrah, to protect her. The whole courtroom uproared.