18

**Gianni Bien's POV

"Saan ba talaga tayo pupunta?" Tanong ko sa katabi kong kanina pa nagda-drive.

"Just sit back, relax and let me take us there." Miranda assured me which is not exactly what I needed.

"Don't expect me to relax---" Ang aga kaya niya nanggising kanina, wala pa ngang kaaraw-araw. Grabe pa niya ako pagmadalihing magbihis. Naka-comfy shorts at white shirt maching them to my white nike flipflops. Mega-pambahay lang.

"Shush! Ano ka ba, Gianni. What's the essence of surprise kung malalaman mo kaagad?"

"Oh, I'm not aware that you have a surprise for me..." I poked her dimple cheek. Nonetheless, I still want to know where the hell we're going. "Mir, Mir, Mir, come on. Tell me." I just wanted to know if it's worth of my effort waking up.

"Stop doing that..." Kinuha nito ang kamay ko at hinawakan ng mahigpit. I forgot she's got a good grip. "We'll get into an accident if you keep on distracting me."

Yung kamay ko nasa kanya pa rin, parang natural lang na nasa binti nito.

"Fine. Pero siguro naman pwede ko nang kunin yung kamay ko di'ba?" Biro ko sa kanya.

"Shoo." Napataas na lang kilay ko sa pagtaray niya.

"You've got no work today?" I asked her habang kumportableng nakaupo with the back of the seat slightly leaning back.

"Hindi ako papasok."

"Why?"

"Wala lang."

"Tinatamad ka na pala ngayon." I sighed, "Come to think of it, if we are in a relationship that means I am not required to work." She will be the provider and I am the stay home wife. Teka, kinikilig ako sa naiisip ko.

"What?" Nabigla ito sa naisip ko.

Sinilip ko ito ng nakangiti, "Kelangan mo magtiyaga sa lahat ng lulutuin ko kung sakali. Kawawa ka naman." I laughed out loud.

"I have a lot of options for that. One, I will enroll you to a cooking class. Two, hire a chef. Three, we eat in restaurants for the rest of our lives." She playfully said back.

"I get it, you are rich." We laughed again. I was only trying to make a conversation with her.

Napansin ko na itong dinadaanan namin na kalsada ay pataas, parang sa tuktok ata kami ng bundok papunta. Pinili ko na lang 'wag magsalita.

"Malapit na tayo." Ika ni Miranda.

"Are you serious? saan tayo dito?" Panay puno lang at bangin ang meron dito eh.

"Sabi ko nga di'ba, malapit na tayo."

She swiftly parked her car sa harap ng isang establishment. She grinned at me, as if waiting for my reaction. I turned to her curiously.

"What in the world are we doing here..." Lumabas na ako ng sasakyan and was immediately greeted by a breezy air. "Care to explain?"

"Remember when I told you that I'll be building a house at the top of the hill? Well, here it is." She opened her arms proudly.

I thought she was just joking before when she out of nowhere asked me where do I want to live. I can still remember what I answered her, 'Ako rin pero sa gitna naman ng dagat. Maldives Style kumbaga.'