40

**Gianni Bien's POV

There are moments that define a person's whole life. Moments in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become hinge on a single decision.

A time in your life when you have to choose between giving up and staying strong, when situations will try to predict your fate and when your own echo will be your only companion.

"What do we need to talk about? Walang kasama si Farrah sa labas." Sumilip ito sa likuran ko kung nasaan nakaupo si Farrah.

"I have my people watching over her." I calmed him down. "This won't take long." Sinenyasan ko itong sundan ako. Pumasok ako sa Fire exit at umakyat sa hagdan hanggang sa mapuntahan namin ang pinakamataas na palapag papunta sa Helipad.

I looked up at the sky not wanting my tears to fall down. Hindi ko pa nasasabi pero nasasaktan na ako ngayon, kumikirot rin ang puso ko.

"Wacky, I may somehow love Farrah that I'm willing to do this." Humarap ako kay Wacky na mukhang gulong-gulo sa kinikilos ko, "I'm begging you to take good care of her." I nodded my head at him confirming whatever question that is formed in his mind. He didn't expect me to say it. "Do not let her down once again. Do not make her cry unless she's overjoyed. Do not treat her less. Treat her better this time."

"She's something special, Wacky. I think we can agree to that. Her heart is way too big for her own good. I worry because she doesn't see everyone for who they are. I've tried to get her to adopt some cynicism, but the truth of the matter is, she wouldn't be the same girl if she did. I'm leaving it up to you."

He stood there speechless, "She's one of the best thing that ever happened in my life..." I finished. Regardless of the reason why I chose to be near her.

"It wasn't easy competing with you but I stood my ground and fought for her even if it wasn't even a close fight." Ngumiti ito sa akin, "I thought that I already lost her from you, Gian. I only need one chance to prove to her that I love her and it is only her." Pinikit ko ang mata ko para alisin ang galit sa puso ko. "I'm really sorry for using your twin sister, Gian. She doesn't deserve that too. I'm an ass."

"I'm in your exact position right now, Wacky. But with you, I am letting you have a chance, something that I didn't have. In return, promise me that you will not waste this! Promise me to be a better person for Farrah." I dig my hands deeper into my pockets. Wacky is getting teary eyes right now. Umiwas ako ng tingin dahil maging ako ay naluluha na rin.

"Why? Why now?"

"Habang kaya ko pang bitawan si Farrah at habang ikaw pa ang mahal niya, Wacky." I nodded my head assuringly at him, "Do you promise then?"

"I promise. Salamat sa pagsalo kay Farrah noong nabitawan ko siya at maging sa pagpapaubaya mo kay Farrah sa akin. Tatanawin ko itong isang malaking utang na loob. You're a great guy, Gian." I felt his hand on my arm, the other one offers a hand shake. Tinitigan ko lang ito dahil mahirap itong tanggapin sa kaloob-looban ko. Because the moment I take it, this is a close deal.