V E R N O N//R E Q U E S T

I decided to do this by days, you'll see what I mean. Enjoy~

•••

Day 1
"Fine, dare."
"I dare you to go ask y/n out." Jun dared Vernon.
"No way!"
"A dare is a dare." Minghao told him.
Vernon groaned as he walked to the front of the class to kneel by you and ask you out. You noticed someone by you and when you realised who it was your eyes widened.
"Y/n-" he began but paused himself. Did he really have to do this? He knew if he didn't, it would be endless teasing with the guys.
"Uh Vernon?"
"Yeah hey, I have to ask you something."
"Sure." Your cheeks began to have a rosy tint to them, how was one of the popular guys talking to you.
"I wanted to ask you out."
Your heart was racing, this has to be a joke.
"Who dared you to ask me out." You said bluntly.
"Great you caught me, I'll take that as a no." Vernon said sarcastically as he stood up and walked back to his friends. Truthfully, he was nervous and it didn't help he had a small crush on you but he couldn't let his friends know. Since the school year began, he's been keeping an eye on you, there was something about you that he couldn't stop thinking about.
In your case, you wanted to say yes but a player like him was no good, sure he was cute and all but you must have known it was a dare.

Day 2
You couldn't sleep at all last night. Your mind created all possible scenarios with Vernon it was impossible to get a good rest. Why was this getting to you?
Okay, why would you even like a guy like him, he's gone out with almost every girl in your grade and neither of them last a week with him. You were now at school, getting something from your locker until you felt someone beside you.
"So did you say yes to Vernon yesterday?" Mingyu teased.
"Yeah y/n, did you think he was being serious with you?" Minghao joined.
"I wouldn't go out with someone like him even if-"
"Even if what?" Jun cut you off.
"You know what, I'm leaving." You said while closing your locker.
"You know what, I'm leaving." Minghao mocked you and the group of boys laughed. You rolled your eyes and walked to class.

Day 3
It was now Wednesday and the boys wouldn't let go of what had happened Monday.
"Vernon, I think y/n took this seriously." Mingyu spoke up amusingly while stuffing lunch food in his mouth.
"This is getting fun, you should ask her out again." Jun looked at Vernon.
"I'm not going to do that. I'm done with all this okay." Vernon said sternly. Was y/n taking this seriously? A side of him wanted you to but the other half of him didn't. How would people react if he dated you? Wait, is that even important?
"There she goes." Minghao spotted you walking by them looking for a table.
Jun stood up from his seat and went up to you, "Y/n I bet your not going to eat these so I'll be taking them." He had grabbed your chips.
"Why does he have to be like that." Vernon thought out loud. He walked over to Jun snatched the chips from his hand and handed them to you.
"Excuse him."
"Why'd you do that? I wanted those." Jun exclaimed as Vernon walked him back to the table.
"Yeah well buy yourself some and leave her alone got it."

Day 4
Why is y/n making me feel like this! Vernon thought.
Vernon was acting different and he noticed it. Yeah he was known as the 'player' but he was also able to like someone, someone who really caught his attention, someone he'd want to get to know. Vernon now was determined to really ask you out tomorrow; Friday. Now it was up to you to accept or decline.

Day 5
Friday, finally! You couldn't wait to be home for the weekend and forget this week ever happened.
"Hey y/n." You felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked up and there stood Vernon.
Great, what does he want now. He better not be joking around this time, you thought.
"Let's meet after class okay."
You simply nodded, afraid your voice would quiver.

After class~
"I didn't think you'd actually want to meet up." Vernon told you.
"What is it Vernon?"
"I want to go out with you.. what do you say?" Vernon asked you.
"No, I'm done with you guys playing this game, what was it truth or dare right-"
"This isn't a dare y/n." The way Vernon spoke made you believe him. He really was good.
"I'm not playing anymore I really want to ask you out."
"Really?"
"Yeah." Vernon looked down at his shoes.
"Fine." You say firmly, "this better not be some kind of joke Vernon."
He looked up and smiled, "I swear it isn't."
You did end up giving in, maybe giving him a chance wouldn't be so bad.