CHAPTER - 3

Lara swung the door of the changing room open, only to find the young man's chest bared, revealing a collection of scars etched across his torso.

"Oh, my goodness," she exclaimed, quickly averting her gaze. "I'm so sorry."

"Turn around," he ordered abruptly, his tone laced with irritation.

Lara promptly spun on her heels, her face reddening. She heard the rustling of fabric as he scrambled to cover himself.

"I know you're an accident waiting to happen; you can't walk properly, and you clearly have no shame."

"I truly had no idea you'd be changing your shirt. I swear I didn't see anything."

"Oh, please. What do you think I'd be doing with this shirt?"

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it was genuinely accidental."

"Fine, it was an accident, but accidents don't usually happen twice with the same person on the same day."

"Why are you being so rude?"

"I have to wash this shirt, and it's going to be a pain to remove this stain."

"Don't worry, I'll send it to the laundry. It's entirely my fault."

"What? Well, you know what? I don't trust you. Just tell me, what do you want? Why are you following me?"

"I want your shirt."

"My shirt?"

Lara approached him and snatched the shirt from his hand.

"This is what I want," she said, revealing her necklace. "When I collided with you in the corridor and fell into your arms, it must have come off my neck and gotten stuck on your shirt."

"Oh, thank goodness," he said with a hint of relief. "I thought you were interested in me."

"Ah, do you think I'd ruin my life with you?"

"Oh, please. Girls adore me."

"Then recommend they get their eyes checked next time."

"What... What do you mean?"

"Never mind, forget it."

"What's 'never mind'? Who am I to you? Oh, please. I don't think it's your fault."

"What do you mean?"

"Listen, it's your parents' fault for raising you like this."

"SHUT UP! What do you know about my family?" she retorted angrily and rushed toward the door.

He let his shirt drop to the floor and chased after her, but she had vanished into the hallway.