How masterfully he had managed to control her using her fear.

And she had promised herself that she would never let him control her yet here she was, paralysed by the mere site of him.

No! This had to stop! I'm leaving him! I will not let him control me anymore. She yelled at herself and mustered every fibre in her being to draw out strength and courage.

She was broken and wounded but she hadn't lost herself in all the madness and the chaos.

This is my house and I will not let him have his way here. She breathed in deeply: a sudden calmness and sense of power rushed in her. Her pacing heart slowed down a bit and the wheels in her mind began to stir. She pushed back all the doubt and the fear.

My parents are fine. They're probably out. She thought to comfort herself. That thought was all she needed to build up her courage and put her wits to good use.

She was a strong woman and she wasn't about to let this cruel monstrous man intimidate her any longer.

"What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here." She said again but this time, it was in a strong tone.

He didn't say anything.

"I want you to leave." She stated bravely.

He was still silent, his expression impassive. She was growing frustrated now. And her mind was slowing descending into panic mode.

"SHEHRYAAR!" she screamed.

The corner of his lips curved up as he finally tore his eyes away from the picture he was holding and twisted his neck to faced her.

Her heart began to accelerate when she saw the look on his face: his handsome features completely still and blank, not bearing any signs of emotion. But that wasn't what scared her: when she gazed into his grey eyes, they were completely blank.

By now she was completely used to his cold expressionless look but there was something different about him right that was caused the blood in her veins to run cold.

Something sinister.

Something dangerous.

"I should be asking you the same thing." He finally spoke, his voice deep and dominant. His cold tone managed to sent shivers down her spine but she stood her ground. He turned so that his whole frame was facing her.

"Leave right now. You're not wanted here." She said stiffly.

He cocked his head to the side and studied her with narrow eyes.

"Didn't you hear me?" She seethed. She was growing restless and fearsome by the passage of seconds. "Leave right now. This is my house. You have no power here." She claimed.

Shehryaar burst into a fit of laughter as he threw his head back. His laugh was deep and throaty: if things had worked out between them then Anissa would've admired his laugh but right now, his humourless laugh only sent her mind into a panicked frenzy.

She looked down and her breath got caught in her throat when she saw his other hand gripping a black hand gun.

Shehryaar stopped laughing and faced her. "It's cute that you think you can actually order me around." He said.

"Get out right now or,"

"Or what? Anissa." He said. Anissa knew now that he was being dead serious.

No games, no stalling.

And then it clicked.

"M-my parents. Where a-are they?" She stammered, terror and dread gripping her hard. She could no longer fight her fear as thousands of possible outcomes flashed in her mind.