Chapter 13

(I couldn't find any pictures, so here's some Starflight spoof)

'Star!' Darkstalker shouted, perhaps more than once, dragging me back into reality. 'Star, it's not real, you're all right.' I staggered to my feet, and collapsed against the wall.

'What do you mean it's not real?' I asked. My heart was racing much too fast, pounding in my chest so I could barely breathe.

'I mean, it could have been, but it won't be. Whatever that was,it's in the history cave. Stay away from there, and-'

The vision returned, sharper and clearer than before.

Now I was outside the history cave, and fire was streaming out into the tunnel, along with the screaming, burning figures of my friends. Kinkajou stumbled to the ground, her scales turning black as flames ate them away. Carnelian screamed in pain, Moon let out wails of horror, stuck inside. Tamarin and Umber lay half in-half out of the cave, barely hanging on as smoke filled their lungs.

'Star! Star!' Darkstalker yelled, pulling me out of the vision yet again. 'Close your eyes, and I'll take you to a place where you won't have to see any of this.'

"No!" I shouted. "Don't do that!" I had to almost shove myself up as I began to run towards the history cave.

'What are you doing?' Darkstalker asked. 'I have to stop it.'

'There isn't time. Can't you tell? The explosion is only a few minutes away.'

'Then I have to warn them. Someone might be in there already.'

'Is that wise? Don't you want to keep your power a secret?'

"Not if it means my friends will all die." I said firmly.

The vision slammed into be again, almost stomping me to the ground as if a boulder had fallen on me. More fire, another burning dragon, maybe Pike or Bigtail. Umber was lying in a charred heap, Sora sobbing beside him. Qibli screaming for help with his wings in flames, Moon sobbing as flames trapped her inside.

"What is wrong with you?" A cool, arrogant voice asked from above me. 'Is she all right?' His brain worried in a more sympathetic voice.

"Winter..." I whispered, shaking my head in a failed attempt to clear it. The IceWing was really there, standing in front of me, not on fire, not dead. His scales were smooth, pale blue, unburnt. His eyes were cold arctic pools.

"Some kind of NightWing seizure?" He asked, looking at me down his snout. 'is this happening to Moon too?' His tail flicked, and he took a step towards the history cave. 

"You can't go in there!" I yelped. I lunged forward and grabbed his forearm in my talons.

'We're touching, she's, I- Moon would want me to protect her, but I can't want this to-'

"What are you doing?" he barked, not pulling away.

"Please don't go in there!" I begged, the vision storming back. "Something terrible is about to-"

Qibli burning, Moon burning, Tamarin burning, Winter safe, Icicle safe, Kinkajou burning-

Winter held me up; I had fallen against him, and he was trying to lift me back upright, with his wings supporting mine. "What something terrible?" He asked, his voice rising. "How do you know?" he asked, shaking me violently.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Qibli snapped, coming up the hall.

"Stop!" I yelped, pulling away from Winter and throwing myself in front of Qibli and Turtle, almost splayed on the floor. "Don't go in! No one can go in!"