The World of Mystic Messenger II

The revelation of the truth within the dream continues.

Flashback continues

Crow's mother, still alive but no longer able to move, convinced Crow to move out of their devastated town. They left behind the dead bodies since they could no longer afford to stay around much long. Crow carries her on his back; despite looking young he was strong enough to carry her frail body.

"You should eat too... Crow." It's been a few days since they began traveling, heading to nowhere. Crow only feed her, but never feeds himself.

He doesn't speak and he has never said anything ever since he killed that Beelzebub.

The look in his mother's eyes obviously shows grief and regret.

As they continued to travel, they were eventually found by another family of crows. Crow didn't cry... for some reason, he seemed like a broken vessel, unable to speak or feel anything. The normal crows had a usual color of white or silver, that's why they found Crow to be special for having golden eyes. His mother does the talking and the new family they found took them in. However, Crow still haven't said much at all.

"...I don't want to approach them." Crow told his mom when they first found the family of crows.

"They might be able to help us" His mom said.

Crow was only silenced but then the family of crows finally approached them when they saw Crow having a hard time carrying around his mom. He couldn't fly with her on his back. He had a hard time gathering food because he could not leave her alone. The head of the crow family approached them by providing them with food... until they became part of the new family.

"T-Thanks..." Crow looks down as he awkwardly thanked the new people who are trying to get close to them.

Time passes and Crow finds himself a little bit attached to his new family.

"You can take care of ba-chan... but not me... I can handle myself." He says.

Whenever he goes out to hunt by himself, Crow reminds the leader of the group to be mindful of Beelzebubs... the leader asked if they were attacked before and Crow was reminded of that dreadful day. He doesn't say anything and simply leaves. The moment he was gone, his mom explained everything to the leader...

That Crow blames himself.

He blames himself for not being there when the Beelzebub attacked.
He blames himself for not being able to save anyone... for not being able to do anything.

Saddened by this revelation, the leader became careful with Crow and showed him kindness by giving him and his mom a place to stay. Crow was truly grateful about this... however, he refuses to show any emotions.

A long... long time passed once again, Crow's body had already stopped aging. He met a lot of new people and one that he respects so much. However, his peaceful life was disrupted for the second time... by the same enemy. A Beelzebub seeking revenge. It was a relative of the Beelzebub that Crow killed before.. once again, the Beelzebub brought a lot of allies and ravaged the town of crows. It all happened again within the blink of an eye, it was obviously planned... for the day they attacked was the day the princes of the diablo realm was gone.

"It's my fault."

Crow whispered.

"I thought... I could finally be in peace with you, granny. That was my mistake. I allowed myself to think I deserve to be happy when in truth, I only deserve to die. It's my fault... I should've died a long time ago."