The Blessed & The Forsaken

Algaia's P.O.V

Walking next to him.. on the way to another world.. it could be one that I've been to, but it can also be something new. I quietly steal a glance on him.. him, who has been unusually silent all along. His light blue hair looks so soft and they move gently each time he takes a step.. but why is that..

..whenever I look into his crimson colored eyes, I see nothing?

In this empty and dark wasteland.. his very own existence always seemed to beam with a certain bright aura.. but now..

I don't see anything.

"..a world where gods submit to humans" The unbearable silence was suddenly broken when he, France, suddenly started talking.

"Y-Yes?!" Being absorbed deeply by my thoughts, I didn't know I reacted incorrectly.

He does not bother to look at me. He doesn't look at me that much. But my confusion had to stop that moment when he finally looked at me and showed me his same mischievous smile.

"There's your entrance." France said in a calm demeanor.

"H-Huh?!" Not seeing anything like an entrance, I looked all around me.

..But that is when I was too late to realize..

"NOT THIS AGAIN.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as my "entrance" opened up a hole right where I was standing, thus, I end up falling like Alice once again. I look back up to the entrance, France was just standing there, watching me as I fall.

I closed my eyes as I braced this common scenario..
"If you fall, I will catch you" 
His voice.. his words, suddenly, it replayed inside my head.

..what seemed like an endless fall came to an end soon..

Algaia: (Ouch.. I don't feel any pain, but imagining that I've gone through a really long fall.. it must've been so painful!!!)

?: ...Help me, god. Please, I'm so sick of this life.. I just want to die..

..I can't see anything. It's just dark. But.. whose voice is that..?

?: Please.. god! You are my only hope left!!!

The voice sounds so clear in my head, the sadness in that voice.. wait, god..?

..and before I realized it, I was inside what seemed like a spacious shrine.

End of Algaia's P.O.V

When her vision finally cleared up, she found herself wearing a deity's robe. She was barefoot and for some reason, she feels uneasy about it. Algaia turns around, she finds a mirror right behind her.. at first, she saw herself.. but as soon as she blinked, she saw the reflection of her past self.

Algaia: You are..!

Caught off guard, Algaia unconsciously took a step back.. but immediately, her reflection went back to normal.

Algaia: *sighs* Just like.. a ghost..

Algaia had no time to dwell on what just happened, she heard the same voice calling out to her since earlier, the voice begun to cry. She looks back and hesitatingly opens the door of the shrine.

Algaia: W-What the..?!

..a girl about the same age as her, wearing a casual Japanese girl school uniform was on her knees and bowing her head at the same time. Right behind the girl were trees and bushes, appearing like they are in the middle of a forest.