Chapter 38: Insane has sane in it. Crazy has cra and azy.

I sobbed.

Fake crying is hard.

"I'm... sorry, Leon. I really am." I said with a sniffle.

"God, stop crying." He told me and hugged me tight.

"It's my fault that Olivia and I got captured." I said.

Just a bit more acting like the victim. He'll spoil you more later.

"No, it isn't. You probably missed the park so you decided to go there. I should've just told you the reason why I stopped taking you there." He tells me and runs his hand on my hair.

"Plus, we're okay now, Ana! Look on the bright side, Phil is a part of our gang, more or less." Olivia beamed.

"He'll train by you, 'kay? I'll find a new trainer for Xander." He told me.

"What? No!" I exclaimed. "I am his trainer. Can't I train him?"

"My question is do you train him?" Leon asked me.

I smiled sheepishly, "Maybe."

Leon stared at me blankly, "I'll give you three days. If I don't see any progress, I'll change Xander's trainor and you will train Phil."

"Three days?! That's not enough, Leon!" I said, my jaw dropping all of a sudden.

"Why? Are you too lazy?" Olivia asked me.

I giggled, "Yup!"

Leon rolled his eyes, "Why are you so worked up in training him anyways? Usually, you'd find ways to not train somebody, but when it comes to Xander, it's different. You're different."

"It just so happens that I am more comfortable with a schoolmate." I said with a giggle.

"Yeah, sure." Leon replied, "A schoolmate which you didn't know existed until he saw you killing somebody."

"Leon, why're you acting like this?"

"Nothing... Just-" Leon was cut off when we heard hysterical laughing.

We snapped our heads to Olivia and Lawrence's direction.

"This is too much for me." Lawrence said, wiping his tears from laughing too much.

"Too much for you? Lawrence, it's gold!" Olivia said, then laughed again.

"What's so funny? Did I miss a joke or something?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Oh, you didn't miss anything." Lawrence told me.

"Rence!" Leon scolded.

"In fact, you're the one who just experienced it." Olivia told me with a snort.

I pouted, "Were you guys talking about me behind my back?"

"Uhm, do you think we're snakes or something?" They asked in unison.

I pouted even more.

Leon pulled my bottom lip, "You look like a duck."

"A crute duck." I retorted.

"Crute?" Lawrence asked.

"A combination of crazy and cute." I replied.

"The perfect definition for you." Leon said.

"I agree." Olivia said.

"I'm a crutie pie!" I exclaimed.

"Dayana!"

I turned around so fast that I thought my neck would snap.

Luckily, it didn't.

But if it did and I'm still alive, I'd be laughing like a maniac right now.

Wait, who called me again? Xander!

My heartbeat rushed three times faster than before when he hugged me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yup, still breathing." I replied.

He broke away from the hug and flickered my forehead.

"Ouchie!" I exclaimed, rubbing my glabella.

Is the glabella even part of the forehead? Meh, who cares. I don't.

"You stubborn girl!" He exclaimed, ruffling my hair.

I pouted, "What'd I do this time?"

"I heard the gang's loaded with illegal chemicals. What if they used you as a lab rat?" He asked.

"Welp, they didn't so it's fine." I said.

"And if they did?" He asked.

"I'd laugh like a maniac." I replied, giggling.

"Correction; like the maniac you are." Olivia said, appearing out of no where.

"Oh, right. Thanks for correcting me." I said, giving her a thumbs up.

"You're actually agreeing?" Xander asked in disbelief.

"I shouldn't deny a compliment that's true, should I?" I asked him.

"You consider that a compliment?"

"Knowing Dayana, I'm not even surprised anymore." Olivia told him.

"Thank you." I said with a giggle.

"I'm surprised you would take that as a compliment." They said in unison.

"Knowing myself, I'm not even surprised anymore." I replied with a giggle.

"Someone stop me from smacking a freaking pole on her face." Olivia said.

"If you did that, what would happen? Ooh, I bet my skull would break. I've never broken a skull before. I wonder how it feels. Olivia, please pro-" I was cut off when Xander hit the back of my head.

"Gosh Dayana Autumn, you're gonna be the death of me." He told me.

"What? I don't remember telling myself that I'm gonna kill you." I said, confused.

"You actually tell yourself to kill someone?" Olivia asked in disbelief.

"Yup. Don't judge." I said seriously.

"I don't think I ever hear you say that you'll kill someone." Xander commented.

"Eh, it's mostly the voices that say it." I replied with a shrug.

"Just when you think she couldn't get even crazier, she'd admit that she hears voices," Olivia said.

"Agreed." Xander replied, looking at me in bewilderment.

I snorted in an unlady like manner, "Crazier? Darling, I'm at the peak of craziness."

"Insanity." Olivia said with a cough.

"Insanity? Eh, crazy fits me more. Plus, insane has the word sane in it. Crazy only has azy and cra in it." I said.

"And what, exactly, does cra and azy mean?" Xander asked, biting back a grin.

"Well, you will not find it in a dictionary, but cra means, 'Crap, I'm out of sanity' and azy means, 'I'm never too lazy too kill.'" I replied.

"You just made that up, didn't you?" Olivia accused.

I gasped, "You dare accuse me of su- Eh, it's true anyway."

"Well, Cra. Shall we?" Xander said, motioning his head to Leon who was waiting for us.