20. Wildling (Tormund Giantsbane X Reader)

Requested by Rosalind_Lutece

Tormund thought Jon was mad when he said he wanted to go back beyond the Wall

Tormund thought Jon was mad when he said he wanted to go back beyond the Wall. To catch a damn Wight. But he respected Jon and he wouldn't let him do the job alone. Even with the men Jon bought and the Brotherhood in the cells he was the only one who knew the terrain like the back of his hand.

Yet the journey so far had been a disaster. A dead bear attacked them, three of their men had been killed and Thoros was badly injured, only having his wounds cauterised and going on like nothing happened.

Tormund chuckled to himself when he noticed Gendry nearly slip on his ass. Poor lad. He looked up at the icy terrain. He msquinted his eyes when he thought he saw something disappear behind a rock.

"Tormund, are you ok?" Jon asked standing beside him.

"I thought I saw something" he grunted, looking in the same area.

"Is it one of them?" Jon said, grabbing the hilt of his sword.

"Not sure" Tormund glanced. Suddenly one of the men yelled as a arrow embedded itself into his chest. Everyone took cover as more arrows started to fly at their heads. Sandor managed to sneak out of the way, up behind the shooter. He raised his axe, ready to take out the attacker but they quickly turned around, kicking the hatchet out of his hand. They moved, punching him in the groin and making a run for it. Sandor growled, grabbing his hatchet and running after them. He shoved the figure to the ground and ripped away the hood. Only to realise it was a woman.

"Go on, then" you grunted as he placed a small hatchet by your throat. You stared at it, wondering what kind of metal would be black and shinny. "Go on! Kill me ya mutt!". Sandor growled in annoyance, ready to open your throat until he heard Jon yell "wait". Sandor stood, placing a boot on your stomach just to make sure you didn't get up and run. Your eyes widened at the sight of one certain man. "Well, well, Tormund fucking Giantsbane".

"(Y/N), I thought you were dead" Tormund spoke casually.

"Take more than a few dead freaks and a bunch of crows to kill me" you shrugged, watching Jon step into you view to stand next to Tormund.

"What are you doing out here?" Jon question, making you look at him.

"Surviving. Living. All the things you do when you try not to become apart of the dead" you answered "Thought you were apart of them, that's why I attacked. I'm not risking them following my scent".

"Where were you headed?" Jorah asked.

"Most of you are not from here" you smirked, looking most of the men up and down "You'll probably die by nightfall-" you stopped as the Hound applied more pressure against your stomach. Sighing you decided to give them a proper answer "I was headed to the Wall. If the Nights Watch denied me entrance, I was gonna climb it. Wouldn't be the first time I've done it".

"Do you know where the army of the dead is?" Beric spoke.

"Why would you want to find them? Do you want to be added to their numbers?" You snapped, looking at them like they were crazy.

"We need to convince people that the army of the dead is real" Jon informed "Can you show us where they are?".

"I can't believe I'm doing this" you muttered to yourself "If your charming friend would get off me, I show you where I last saw them". Sandor removed his boot and Tormund offered you his hand which you accepted. You looked over to the man you killed and uttered a quick "sorry".

Few hours later, you were marching next to Tormund, glancing at the Hound a few times.

"Where have you been all this time?" Tormund questioned, snapping your eyes back to him.

"Mance sent me on a mission to climb the wall after you attacked Castle Black. Many died. Came back to Hardhome to report only to find everyone was dead" you huffed, pulling your bow over your shoulder.

"I'm glad your not" Tormund admitted, making you smile.

"Look, Tormund we have history. Your daughters hunted with my sons. You wanted to keep your balls from freezing off and I was there but let's just get this shit done before we try to patch up and be friends again, ok?" you smirked walking ahead of him, shaking your hips as you did so. Tormund shivered, dark smiled growing on his face when he remembered the night the two of you shared. Quick rough and tumble in snow and that was that. But Tormund had always wanted to have another go. All wildling women were ... well wild. And you were no exception.

*Time Skip*

You glowed like a animal as you shot another Wight that was sprinting in your direction. You lead the group to where you last saw the dead, giving them the chance to catch the Wight they needed but now you were stuck on an island, in the middle of a frozen lake, surrounded by the whole army of the dead. The captured Wight gave out a warning screech which somehow gave them the location where your group was at.

It was just a matter of time before the wights overpowered your group and add you to their ranks. Jon yelled at his men to fall back to the small area they had left. Tormund turned his back for one second only to have a wight jump on his back. He quickly turned back, ripping the Wight off and shoved it into the crowd only to have another Wight claw at him. Before he knew it they had him on his back, blood pouring from a gash on his head, his own weapon pressed against his throat as they tried to pull him into the icy water. Your eyes widened at the sight, looking for any weapon that could help. Throwing your bow to the ground you ran over to Sandor.

"Let me borrow that!" You quickly said, snatching a hatchet from his hand. Running up on a rock you quickly jumped off crushing a wights under your boot as you decapitated another with one swing. Kicking another one into the dirt you grabbed Tormund's hood and pulled him away. He quickly stood, giving you a nod before joining the fight again.

"Just like old times, eh Tormund?" You smirked, killing another Wight. He nodded, letting out a small chuckle as he continued to fight. If there was any chance that you actually got out of this alive you were gonna try it on with Tormund. Life was so short and now you didn't want to go out with knowing what it was like to be back with the wild man. Luckily you managed to escape on the back of a dragon. Definitely not what you expected your day to turn out.

So, new Tormund one shot. This was requested by Rosalind_Lutece. I hope this was good enough for you. This obviously happens when Jon goes back beyond the Wall to catch the Wight.
And for all those people who are going like "Tormund doesn't have daughters" I beg to differ. During the episode "Hardhome" whilst having the meeting with the wildling clan leaders Tormund says Jon is prettier than his daughters. We never see them but it's just a little bit I wanted to add. School is still kicking my ass as always but now I'm gonna try and get a one shot out every five days.
I AM ACCEPTING REQUESTS.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed.
See ya 'round.✌️.
And remember ...
"Winter ... is Here"