40. Pup (Sandor "The Hound" Clegane X Reader) Part 2

Requested by Greasersbaby101

Fear was in your heart, yet joy was their too

Fear was in your heart, yet joy was their too. The three of you had made it to the Eerie but you didn't stay long.

Lysa Arryn was dead.

It was never explained how but she was dead none the less. That meant they wouldn't take you or Arya in. You had to continue your journey with Sandor and with no wealthy family left, there was no where for Sandor to take you. Sansa had disappeared from Kings Landing when Joffrey died and Jon was at the Wall. No money and definitely not a place for women to be. Sandor has no other option but to keep you with him.

It's just you didn't have a plan. Just wandering around until you figured something out. It was mainly leaning towards traveling to Bravos. Arya wanted to go there because she had a "friend" and Sandor planned on joining the Second Sons. Probably wouldn't be hard to find a house over there or get a job.

Only today was different. After travelling for a while everyone decided to take a break. You were sat on a rock, watching Arya practice when Brienne of Tarth and Podrick Payne came out of nowhere. Brienne talked to Arya whilst you tried to hide yourself from Pod with your hair, knowing full well that Pod would recognise you. It was working as well, until Sandor came out. Pod recognised him immediately, then Brienne put two and two together that it was Arya so there was no point in hiding your identity.

It only ended up with Sandor fighting Brienne. She had wanted to take you and Arya away from Sandor in order to protect you on the account of a promise she made to your mother.

Words were said, swords were drawn, punches were given. And it ended up with Sandor getting punched off a cliff. Wasn't a fair fight him the first place. Brienne may have been a woman but Sandor was wounded. The wound was festering and it slowed him down.

You had managed to sneak away from Brienne, carefully sliding down the side of the cliff to see Sandor. His armour torn, his body scraped and bloodied, a bone sticking out of his leg.

"Oh Gods!" You gasped, rushing over to him.

"You're still here?" He asked dazed.

"Of course, where would I go?" You spoke, going to touch him but pulled away just in case you'd hurt him more.

"After your sister" he said as if you were stupid "stole the silver and pissed off".

"I - - I can't see her. Can you move?" you stuttered. Even though he was wounded he still tried to move but the slightest caused him to grunt out in pain "You - - you can't die".

"Don't really have a choice" he panted, his fist clenching in pain.

"I could take Stranger, I'll ride back to the Eerie and bring a maester —" you started but he cut you off.

"I'd be dead before you could make it back to me" he grunted, before continuing "Go to the big bitch, she'll protect you".

"Why would I want to go with her when she did this to you?" You asked angrily.

"You can't go it alone, not like this" he shook his head, hand slowly moving to your slightly swollen stomach "Not with ...".

"Seven Hells, why did this have to happen?" You said, tears in your eyes as you placed your hand over his.

"(Y/N)! Arya!" You heard Brienne yell from above, making Sandor groan in annoyance.

"Go, before she moves on" he grunted "Protect him".

So you left. You had no choice. Sandor was right and was bound to die. That was something you couldn't bare to witness.

Now a few years later you were back in Winterfell. The Bolton's were dead, you had your brothers and sisters back. Everything was perfect, except the Army Of The Dead was coming. The pain of losing Sandor was hard but you got through it. You had to for your family.

You were kneeling next to a girl, moving her arm to the correct position. She was nervous and shy but had the potential of being a good fighter. Jon was returning soon and the children needed to be prepared. When she released the arrow she turned around to you with a happy smile. She hit the bullseye. You congratulated her before one of the boys pulled your attention away from her. He pointed to someone behind you saying he looked "scary".

Turning, your eyes widened at the sight of the man. Someone you had believed to be dead.

Sandor Clegane.

He was equally as shocked. Excusing yourself, you eyes remaining on Sandor as he walked off in the same direction you were. When you entered the empty halway you turned immediately wrapping your arms around Sandor's neck, grasping him in a hug. His own arms carefully wrapping around your waist.

"How are you alive?" You gasped, hearing him lightly chuckle in your ear.

"Guess I was fucking lucky"  he grunted.

"Sandor, there's someone you need to meet" you smiled, taking his large hand in yours and pulling him towards your chambers. Pushing the door open, you had only taken a step in before you felt a force wrap around your legs.

"Mother!" You heard them cry, causing you to giggle.

"Ashton!" You grinned, kneeling down to his height and pulling him into a hug.

Sandor felt like someone had punched him in the gut. All breath left his body. The sight of you hugging this child somehow made his heart crack. It suddenly clicked in his mind.

This was your child. The child he thought he would never meet.

"Aunt Arya - - started to teach me ... h-how to hold a sword" he lightly stuttered, tightly grasping your hands and jumping up and down.

"Hmm, you'll be a great fighter before you know it" you praised, watching him smile wider.

"Yes,  just like fath-" he started before realising Sandor was standing behind you. He a little look of shock flash through his big eyes before it turned to awe "Are you a giant? Uncle Jon had a bigger giant".

"No, he's not a giant" you laughed, taking Sandor's hand and lightly tugging on it, making him kneel down.

"He from the house of three dogs, he protected the false king" You spoke, reminding your child the many stories you had told about Sandor, as the child brushed away Sandor's hair to reveal the scars. The shock only stayed on the child's face for a second before turning to concern as his small finger grazed over them.

"He's you're father".

I am sooo sorry that this was so late Greasersbaby101 . I have had the most hectic time of my life. I have had like so much revision to do for the big GCSE's and I have a mock coming up, college interviews, homework the whole shabang! I cannot stress enough, I am so sorry. Plus, I hope this was good enough for you.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed.
See ya 'round.✌️
And remember ...
"Winter ... Is Here"