39. Pit Fighter (Bronn X Reader)

A calm breeze that carried over the seas rushed over Kings Landing

A calm breeze that carried over the seas rushed over Kings Landing. People went about their daily lives without the thought of invasion in their minds. Stannis never made it to the iron throne, forced to retreat and leave his crown. The battle over and won. Everyone praising Joffrey for his cunning and bravery in battle.

Yet the truth had been twisted. No one dared speak against Joffrey. Not unless they were untouchable or immortal.

The real hero was Tyrion, using his cunning mind to out wit Stannis even before he stepped on solid ground. He used the wild fire to burn Stannis' fleet, he lead the attack against Stannis at the mud gate. But alas Tyrion was but a dwarf, who was lucky to born a Lannister. No one would remember him but as the scarred dwarf.

The battle at the mud gate had made him fearful. If it wasn't for Podrick his head probably would've rolled off his shoulders at the next swing. Bronn was a fantastic fighter and body guard but he couldn't be with Tyrion every minute of everyday and still go do what he wants, especially when Bronn wanted to visit a brothel two to three times a week.

No, Tyrion needed someone else to pick up the hours Bronn was off. Someone who is just as good a fighter as Bronn was, maybe even more.

"Why the fuck did I have to come?" Bronn questioned as he strutted over to Tyrion, giving a quick wink to a woman walking by.

"Because no matter where I go you've still got to protect me" Tyrion responded, looking over to the city of Meereen.

"And what exactly do you want to find in Meereen?" Bronn responded.

"I was nearly killed at the Blackwater, I was only saved by Podrick because of sheer luck. Pod's a good lad but he's not a fighter" Tyrion reminded "And with someone wanting me dead and you wanting breaks I need someone to fill in the time you're not around".

"And we're going to Meereen for ... " Bronn dragged, wanting Tyrion to continue.

"Meereen is well know for creating some of the best fighters in the world" Tyrion sighed "We're going to go to the best fighting pits, we're going to find the best fighter and I am going to buy them".

"Arriving in the docks in ten minutes! Grab your shit and prepare to get off!" The captain of the ship yelled, making Tyrion jump lightly. He huffed annoyed before speaking again.

"After that I'll make them a free man and offer them the job and best pay ever as long as they protect me" he informed.

"Ok, say you do find this fighter" Bronn theorised, changing his stance so he was leaning back against the side "The pit fighters of Meereen are ruthless. You release him and offer him the job but what if he decides to kill you and take the money you have on you?".

"Then I have you to stop them".

The streets were crowded, full of people and either delicious or pungent smells. Many people spoke in exotic languages, trying to lure the two men to their stores.