10. Mermaid (Oberyn Martell X Reader)

The calm sea that would cool a humans skin was nothing to you

The calm sea that would cool a humans skin was nothing to you. After all you lived there your whole life. A gorgeous mermaid that swam through the waters in Dorne. Any human would be fascinated with the world beneath the waves but in your adult life it bored you. You were more fascinated with the world above. With the human world. It was forbidden for a mermaid to talk to a human, let alone see one but that didn't stop you. But today was the start of something else. You giggled as you stroked the back of a seahorse which arched it's back to your finger when small rock sank in front of you. You watched it confused. It was a few miles from the beach and there were no large boulders. You looked up to the surface to see another rock skimming the surface before slowing and sinking to the ocean floor.

"Wait here, girl" you told the seahorse as you swam up to the surface. You peaked the top of your head out of the waves to see someone walking on the beach. All you could see was the yellow tunic they were wearing. Wanting to get a better look, you swam underneath the surface toward the beach. You hid behind a rock, watching the stranger. Now that you were closer you could see it was a man. Tall and tanned skin. Dark hair and a hard look on his face like he was pondering about something. You stared in awe, never before seeing someone so handsome before. You were enchanted by his looks that you didn't realise he skimmed another rock until it hit your shoulder hard.

"Ow!" You groaned, rubbing it. The sound caused the man on the beach to snap his eyes towards the rock. You quickly hid, hoping he didn't see you. Only he did see you hide.

Oberyn was solemn this day since it was the anniversary of Elia's death. He still believed that Doran should've done something against the Lannister's but Doran wanted to make sure that his people lived. He could've sworn he saw a flash of hair hide behind the rock. He squinted and walked to the waters edge hoping he could get a better look. You glanced over the rock to see him still looking. Oberyn was able to see your face, before you hid back behind the rock. He considered that it was and Dornish woman swimming in the sea. Shaking his head, he continued his way down the beach. You looked again, watching him walk away before disappearing into a cave. You looked back at the sea and back to the cave, debating in you mind whether you should follow him. Biting your lip, you dove under the water quickly swimming in the direction of the cave. Luckily there was a deep enough stream for you to swim in as you journeyed further into the cave. The cave opened up in a conceal area. The stream lead into a small pond. You stayed low as Oberyn took off his shirt, placing it on a large boulder. He walked over to the cave wall and moved some rock out the way to reveal a hole. He stuck his hand in and out pulled a large spear. He twirled it in his hand for a second before walking in the the middle of the open cave. You watched intently, as if you had been put under a spell, whilst he practiced fighting against imaginary enemies. It was as if he was like a viper, perfecting an ancient dance that only he knew. Striking and sliding away. However, before you could react the spear was thrown straight passed you head into the dirt edge. You ducked down so only your eyes and the top of your head were out the water.

"I saw you out there in the water, you hid from me and now you have followed me in here and you are again hiding from me" Oberyn growled marching over to you. You only shook in fear as he stood in front you, grabbing the spear and aiming it at your head. "Can you speak?!".

"Yes" you said timidly, the water covering your body from the neck down.

"Who are you?" He questioned, the spear still aimed at your head.

"(Y/N)" you answered, hoping that he would just let you go.

"Strange name" he commented "Do who I am?". You shook you head truthfully "I am Prince Oberyn Martell, it is customary to kneel before a prince".

"I can't" you said fearfully, starting to sink in the water until Oberyn grabbed your wrist.

"It's not hard to crawl out of water" he hissed like a viper. Pulling you upwards you revealed your body to him. Unfortunately your tail was on show which made Oberyn eyes grow wide "You're a-" before he could say the word water was splashed in his face. You heard a cat like hiss before you felt another hand on you other wrist, pulling you free from Oberyn's grasp. You pulled back under the water and out the cave back into the deep ocean. When you were far enough you stopped and you realised that the person who pulled you away was you older sister.

"(Y/N)! What were you doing!?" She question, holding tightly on your shoulders "Why were you with that human?".

"I - I was just watching him, I didn't mean to get spotted" you cried.

"(Y/N), don't you realise what you might of done? You might have exposed our world!" She hissed.

"Don't worry no one won't believe him" you said, trying to convince her "Please don't tell anyone, it was an accident".

"Fine, but NEVER do this again! Ok?" She said, pointing a finger at you which you responded by nodding "Good, now let's go home". She turned away from you and started to swim in the opposite direction of the beach. You started to follow but you stopped and looked back at the surface. You made sure that you sister was still swimming away before swimming up to the surface. Taking in fresh air, you looked at the beach. Oberyn was out of the cave, shirt back on and no spear in sight. He must of had enough training for today. His eyes still stung slightly from the salty sea water but when he opened his eyes he could just make out the head in the water. Your head. He raised his arm up to the sky and waved not really knowing why he did. In response, you raised you arm and waved back, a smile tugging on your lips.

"I like him" you said to yourself, before diving back under the water. The last thing Oberyn saw of you was your tail disappearing under the surface. Little did he know, you two were going to cross paths again.

And nothing would stop the forbidden love that would grow.

My second Oberyn imagine. I was inspired to do this after I watched "The Little Mermaid" with my younger cousin. I'm thinking about doing a part 2 to this but I'm probably gonna do a few other imagines before that. I thought tonight's episode was alright. Can't believe Olenna drank poison and I do hope that by some miracle Tyene gets the antidote before she dies.
I AM ACCEPTING REQUESTS!
Anyway, hope you enjoyed.
See ya round.
And remember ...
"Winter ... Is Here".