43. Tag Alone (Bronn X Reader)

Requested by YoujinKim6

The inn was busy, hardly any rooms left

The inn was busy, hardly any rooms left. Yet you had managed to get one. After all the rough nights on the road you thought it would be nice to treat yourself to a bed that wasn't made out of mud. The bed was comfy and a joy to sleep in, but as always it was time to move on. Yet it wouldn't be a crime to have some lunch before you left.

"What can I get ya?" the owner of the in question, carrying a jug of ale in her hand.

"Ale, bread and some bacon" you ordered, holding up a cup. When it was full you took a quick gulp before setting it back down. The owner soon returned with a small plate with one roll and five slices of bacon.

"Better than nothing" you muttered to yourself. Tearing the roll in half, you took a single bite then a bite from bacon until someone sat opposite you. Glancing up, you saw a man, older than you by a few years, with black hair and a scruffy beard. His baby blue eyes gleaming at you looking up and down. "Can I help you?".

"Certainly can, love. You can follow me to my room" he smirked, reaching for the other half of your roll. Only to stop when you stabbed your dagger just inches from his fingers.

"Get your own" you hissed, pulling the plate closer.

"Wildling" you heard him mutter as he turned sideways. You opened you mouth but a shadow covered you. A old man who had hired you pulled out a small purse and tossed it towards you.

"You did a good job well" he grunted "You surprise me, being a woman".

"Better that way" you smiled, looking though the purse.

"What you did, it'll teach people to steal from me" he chuckled. You responded with a nod and the old fellow left. The man who sat opposite you raised a brow as you shoved the purse in your satchel.

"What did you do for him?" He asked.

"A bastard stole something" you deadpanned, eyes flicking up to his face "Made sure he won't do it again".

"So what are ya? Assassin for hire?" He replied, as a cubby boy came over and filled his cup.

"Sell sword".

"Don't think I've ever met a lady sell sword" he smirked turning back to you.

"Men never expect it. They think a woman can be nothing but a wife or a whore" you grinned taking a bite of bacon "None never expect them to be a sell sword".

The door suddenly opened. In walked some men including a dwarf. The little lion, Tyrion Lannister. The owner told him there was no room but he ignored her.

"Is there nothing I can do to remedy this?" He called out, tapping a silver coin on the table.

"You can have my room" the man sat opposite you offered. He was called a 'clever man' by the dwarf and was given the coin. The lion smiled only to turn to an older woman identifying her to be Catelyn Stark.

"Don't think I'm going to let you lodge with me because of this conversation" you said seriously.

Yet you weren't going to spend another night in the inn. Lady Stark roused the men in the inn, all either friends or loyal to her family by speaking to them then accusing Tyrion of trying to murder her son.

With the Imp as her prisoner she requested anyone to accompany them, promising fair pay if they arrived at Winterfell alive.

"I'll help you" the black haired man spoke causing the Lady to turn to him.

"And you are?" She asked wearily.

"Bronn" he introduced.

"Anyone else?" She asked, looking around the room.

"I'll do the job" you called out, standing up "Name's (Y/N). Pay me well, mi'lady, and no wildling will touch you or your prisoner".

"Thank you" she nodded, a man called Rodrick following her as they took the Imp outside, hands bound and a sack over his head.

"(Y/N). Sweet little name for a sell sword" Bronn smirked whilst standing up.

"At least it's not stupid like Bronn" you quipped back, tugging you satchel over your shoulder and sliding your dagger back in its sheath.

The way so far had been smooth. Nothing much besides the little lions complaining. You weren't protecting them to Winterfell but rather to the Eerie instead to see Catelyn Starks sister Lysa Arryn. From what you heard the woman was crazy, feeding her child at her breast a lot longer than she should.

You sat, sharpening your sword and rolling your eyes at Tyrion bickering with Lady Stark. Only for it to come to an end when a minstrel was hit back by a rock.

"Hill tribesmen!" Someone yelled as a band of man, bearded and crazed, roaring towards your small party. Leaping up from your spot, hooking your sword under the curve one of their axes. Forcing it above their head before ripping the sword back and stabbing it through his chest. Another's came up behind you catching your blade in their hand and punching you in the face. You responded by kicking him hard in the knee, slicing off his fingers as you tugged away your sword, slashing him across the throat.

Turning you saw most of the enemies were killed off, one's head being bludgeoned by a shield wielded by Tyrion. A lone tribesman aimed an arrow at Bronn who hadn't noticed only to be stopped when a knife suddenly stabbed through his head. Bronn turned at the sound of a body dropping. You tugged the knife out of his head and collecting the arrows he had.

"You should pay more attention" You said breathlessly, walking past him "If it wasn't for me you'd have one of these through your skull".

"You need a woman" Bronn panted gleaming down at Tyrion "Nothing like a woman after a fight".

"I'm willing if she is" Tyrion uttered glancing over to Lady Catelyn. The two men looked back at each other and chuckled lightly. Tyrion walked over to Lady Stark whilst Bronn strutted over to you.

"You do fight well for a woman" he commented, watching you wipe away the blood from your blade with a rag.

"Can't be a sell sword if I can't fight" you smirked, raising a brow at him. "Your not a bad fighter yourself, considering your age".

"I ain't that old" he retorted "But there's nothing like it ... a fuck after a fight. If you want".

"Keep your act up, who knows" you shrugged "but don't count on it".

I'm PISSED OFF! WHAT ARE D&D SMOKING!? Daenerys all this time has been against useless killing and goes full psycho queen on us. Jon pretty much doing nothing but saying "she's my queen". Change the fricken tune. And the worst thing, Sandor Clegane. Of all the characters they have to kill off they have to kill my F*CKING FAVOURITE! Now don't get me wrong, Cleganebowl did not disappoint. It was as brutal as I expected it to be, but did they seriously have to end it with SANDOR F*CKING DYING!? IN F*CKING FIRE!!!!!???? BULLSH*T!!!!! Couldn't it have ended with Sandor cutting the Mountain's head off and burning his body!? I think that would have been a little better!
Sorry 'bout the rant, I just ... had to get that out.
I AM ACCEPTING REQUESTS!
Anyway, hope you enjoyed
See ya 'round. ✌️
And remember ...
"Winter ... Is Here"