EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE;
WORK IS CALLING

+++

YEARS LATER

Cassie struggled to get the large box inside the rather big apartment, but she successfully managed to place it over the kitchen counter and clean the tiny drops of sweat falling down her temple. She exhaled deeply and let her brown eyes travel around the beautiful place her millionaire philanthropist father had brought for her now that she got accepted into Julliard.

An uncontrollable buzz interrupted her thoughts as she tried to fish the phone from the pocket of her denim jumper. The corner of her lips turned upward in a wide smile as she read the contact that was trying to call her. She checked her reflection on the screen and slid her finger across it to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, kid. How are you?"

Her smile widened. "Hey, Dad." From where she was, she felt Tony beaming. "I'm good, still struggling to get all the boxes in the apartment."

"Well, I told you that Happy could help but Noo, you can handle yourself pretty well." He mocked her. Cassie chuckled. "Anyway, how's Spiderling?"

Just as Cassie was about to speak, something interrupted her, or well, someone. "Cassie a little help would come in handy." The boy grunted as he managed to walk into the room with his arms full of boxes.

"Sorry." She sent him a shy smile as he dropped them in the floor and cleaned the sweat with a small towel clinging from the pocket of his jeans. "I got busy."

"I see." He chuckled, his eyes landed on the phone pressed against her ear. "Your dad?" He mouthed as he walked to her and she put the man on speaker mode. "Hello, Mr. Stark."

"Hey, Underoos." Tony replied almost instantly. "Is Cassandra leaving you all the work?" The couple smiled. "Like always?"

"Nah, I'm good." He kissed the girl's cheek, making her smile sweetly. "How are you?"

"Quite busy, now that you ask." He spoke out almost immediately. "And more because," He paused. "I have a little surprise for you both."

"A surprise!" The brunette held the phone close to her ear. "What is it?" Peter managed to smile as he watched the girl excitedly talking to her father.

"What part of surprise didn't you get, kid? You'll have to wait until next week."

"Oh, c'mon, Mr. Stark!" Peter groaned. "Now she won't stop complaining about it!"

"I thought that's why you're in charge now? I've heard her complains for four years! It's your turn, Spiderling."

"Fair enough."

Cassie continued to say goodbye's to the man and while she spoke, Peter stared at the side of her face with a small smile. His grip around her waist loosened as he reached her hair to play with it and feel the softness of it. A smile took over his features as he studied the kitchen and the whole space, his heart gave a jump of joy.

He couldn't believe he was standing there, in his new home with the girl he loved. Both of them ready to pursue their dreams in the wonderful city that was New York. After everything they went through, the ups and downs, he felt like he was now reaching the happy part of his own story.