TEN

TEN;
DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

+++

GERMANY WAS BEAUTIFUL. Cassie's eyes seemed to be glued to the thick window of the hotel. She had been admiring the view for almost an hour, and no one wanted to interrupt her as she hugged herself in the warmth of the hotel room and silently admired the cars passing by. It was quite the view, and she desperately wanted to share it with someone, anyone.

Despite the sickening vertigo in the pit of her stomach, she managed to sit straight on the bed and eyes lost lost in the cloudy sky. She knew the fight would take place anywhere, and she felt nervous and scared.

Her hands silently shuffled the deck of cards as she waited for someone to barge into the room and let her know it was time to leave. The door opened and she expected Wanda to peer her head inside, but she didn't. Instead, Clint confidently strode into the room with his bow in hand and standing straight.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, looking her closely. Cassie nodded hesitantly and walked to him. "Come on, then."

As she trailed behind him through the corridor, Cassie couldn't help herself from thinking of Peter. How lucky he was of being normal, she suspected he was probably sleeping in the comfort of his bed, or doing homework. And there she was, about to fight a billionaire and his friends.

"We got you something." Clint spoke out, making her look away from the window of the car. "You can't just fight with those clothes. It'll be dangerous." He parked the car, causing her to jolt.

"Who is he?" Cassie pointed at a man sleeping in the passenger seat, he seemed uncomfortable.

"Oh, that's Scott Lang." Clint nonchalantly explained, searching for something inside his bag. "Here it is." He smiled and took a black material from inside. "Put it on."

"What is this?" Cassie asked, looking at the leather suit in front of her. Her eyes trailed to Clint, who was smirking at her direction. "A super suit?"

"It's not only a super suit. I stole it from Natasha's rack." The girl smiled, looking at it. "Put it on." He pointed at the car and Cassie hoped in to get changed into her new suit.

Cassie didn't struggle to put the suit on, it fitted her perfectly and wiggled inside the rather uncomfortable piece of clothes without trouble. The leather was cold and goosebumps appeared on her skin at the touch. She had to admit it, she looked good. Ignoring the fact that she would be fighting and probably getting killed, it would have been a good look.

"What's taking you so long there?" She heard Pietro's thick accent from outside the car, Cassie huffed.

"I'm coming!" She exclaimed loud enough to be heard and finished tying up the strings of her black converse. A smirk appeared onto her features when she jumped down the car, gaining a few gasps from the others. "I'm ready."

"They're evacuating the airport." Steve noted, looking away from everyone. Cassie's heart felt to the bottom of her stomach as she played with her hair. "Suit up." He ordered and everyone obeyed.

Cassie stood there, both arms behind her back and brown eyes lost in nothing. She felt her heart pounding inside her ribcage as she watched everyone putting their suits and taking their equipment. She only had her powers and what Steve taught her about fighting.