FORTY NINE

FORTY NINE;
C'MON SPIDER-MAN

PETER HURRIEDLY RUMMAGED his drawers in search of the home-made suit he made when he was in freshman year. He was going to need it seeing that Mr. Stark still had the other in his possession, and he wouldn't give it back until the day they were going to rescue Cassie. The truth was that he couldn't wait any longer, and after rolling around on his bed for a long time, he decided to go himself. His eyes nervously flickered from his drawer to the door, hoping his movements didn't wake his aunt up and make a scene. She would call Mr. Stark for explanation and that was the least he needed.

After all, the man was looking for him, he wanted to see Peter, not the others. It was as clear as the water.

"Okay. I can do this." He mumbled under his breath, looking down at the localization where he suspected the man was hiding. "C'mon, Peter."

The teenager frowned at the sight, it was too dark and suspicious. It seemed like large storage, too big for his liking. His eyes wandered around the place, trying to find Cassie in the darkness. The silence that followed him as he made slow steps creeped him out, part of him was completely sure it was a trap.

"Who's there?" He heard a feminine voice speaking out and echoing in the storage. Peter recognized it instantly. "I can see your shadow, you know?" She said loudly as he followed the sound of her weak voice.

"Cassie?" The boy whispered as he stepped in front of the small cell she was in.

"Peter?" She whispered back, standing up. "Are you really here? Oh my god."

"Yes, I came to–"

"Don't say to save me because I feel useless." The brunette interrupted him, and Peter smiled. He missed her sarcastic attitude. "I could help you but," She raised both of her hands, showing him the chains around her wrists.

"What the hell? What kind of person chains their hostages?" He said quickly as he tried to help her get out. "Are you okay? Please tell me you're not hurt."

"These chains give shocks and stop my powers from working. Be careful." She whispered. "You shouldn't be here, Pete. This guy only talks about getting rid of you, he's crazy. You're literally jumping into his trap–"

"Sh, sh, it's fine." He whispered, quickly. Using his strength to move the bars to make space. Their bodies instantly found each other as Peter embraced the girl in a tight hug and left several kisses over her face. "Now moving on to these chains."

"Be careful." Cassie repeated, watching him as he inspected the chains. His movements were frantic and somehow shaky, she hated being useless and leaving him all the work to unlock the chains. Knowing it was a lose case, he decided to move on to the robe around her feet, it had a massive knot that took several minutes to untie. "Finally." She breathed out as he helped her stand up in the cell.

Peter looked at the chains with an uneasy feeling. He had to take them off, but he would probably be wasting time to get her out of there, if he waited until she was out of danger–

"Our guest finally arrived." A voice echoed in the storage and Cassie flinched, searching for Peter's hand in the darkness. "You came to pick up your little girlfriend, I see."

"Cassie get out of here." The teen turned to her and she shook her head rigorously, but he was already pushing her to the direction he entered. "Please." He practically begged, and the brunette nodded hesitantly before jogging to the exit.