THIRTY

THIRTY;
HOMECOMING

HOMECOMING WAS JUST A STUPID DANCE, Cassie didn't know what she was thinking when she agreed to go to homecoming with Harry Osborn, the boy who broke her heart in a million pieces. For God's sake. She really was tempted to cancel, until she heard Peter asking Tony for advice on how to ask someone to homecoming and putting together the greatest homecoming proposal she could ever imagine. It broke her heart because it was supposed to be for her, she was supposed to be the one saying yes and hugging him and jumping excitedly. Not Michelle.

"This seems like a really expensive dress." She muttered, trying to fit into the beautiful dress in her small body. "I don't think I should wear it."

"Oh, shut it." Tony rolled his eyes from outside the dressing room and crossed his arms over his chest. "You know money is not a problem."

"Are you done there?" Wanda excitedly asked, crossing her legs and staring at the luxurious door from the dressing room. "Not to pressure you but Harry is supposed to pick you up in three hours." She said loud enough for Cassie to hear.

"Yeah." She exhaled, looking at her reflection in the mirror with a surprised expression. "Do you–Do you want me to come out?"

"Yes!" The three adults outside yelled, making her flinch.

Her hands brushed past the material of the expensive, designer dress and exhaled deeply with nervousness. She opened the door and walked out of the dressing room, gaining a few gasps from the other four looking at her with smiles.

"You look stunning, bonita." Pietro said quietly, admiring the girl with a big smile. Cassie looked down at her dress with a faint blush in her cheeks.

"This is the dress, Cassie." Wanda stood up from the couch and looked at her with a smile. "It makes you look more beautiful than you are, I love how you look with it."

"But it's too expensive."

"Do you like it?"

Cassie pressed her lips together and faced the full-length mirror in the back of the hall. She exhaled deeply as her brown eyes carefully scanned the gown in her body, it made her feel incredibly beautiful and like a true princess. 

"That's it. I'm buying that dress for you." The man stepped in, nodding with a small smile on his features. "Take it off so I can pay." He ordered.

The brunette's smile widened and hugged him tight, again. It was one of those surprise hugs Cassie like to give him whenever he did something for her, and it made him happy to think of her being thankful for the little things he did for her.

"Thank you." She exhaled, smiling. "For everything."

+++

Peter's chestnut eyes scanned the packed gym as the students danced around the improvised dance floor in the middle of the place. He pursed his lips together with annoyance as he watched his date, Michelle, dancing with her friends and some guys. He was angry for letting his jealousy drag him to the dance.

He scratched his neck where the collar of his tuxedo was, it was very itchy and it made him really uncomfortable. A loud sigh left his lips as he took a sip of the horrible fruit punch, disgust took over his expressions as he gulped down the horrible liquid.