NINETEEN

NINETEEN;
NEW YORK CITY

+++

"HE SAID HE WOULD COME" Cassie said as she anxiously paced around the living room. "And I quote: 'O–Of course', with stutter and all!"

The twins looked at each other with crocked eyebrows as the brunette angrily spoke under her breath.

"Maybe some Spider-Man issues got in the way." Wanda tried to reason, smiling faintly when Cassie stopped dead in her tracks.

"You're a right!" She nodded, resting her hands on her hips. "Maybe you're right."

"Can we go now?" Pietro stepped in, looking between the two girls. Cassie nodded with a small smile. "Let's go, then."

The trio quickly walked out of the tower before the others could stop them from exploring the city. Cassie exhaled deeply as the cold wind hit her face and guided the twins around the streets. A small smile crept onto her features when she caught the sight of the beautiful building she used to visit a lot with her brother.

"I present to you," She turned around with a smile, Pietro smiled too. "The American Museum of Natural History!" Wanda laughed when she began doing cheering sounds, Pietro laughed too. "Come on!" She dragged the twins inside with a loud chuckle.

They bought their tickets and walked in, Cassie smiled as the twins watched everything with amusement and excitement, it made her feel excited too. Wanda dragged the two to the Hall of Biodiversity, where a loud gasp escaped out of her lips and Pietro's lips too. The brunette couldn't help to smile at their excited faces, they looked like little kids.

+++

"Oh, come on!" Pietro angrily said as they walked out of the museum. "We didn't finish!" He complained, making Cassie laugh quietly.

"It's alright. We can come tomorrow." She reassured, looking at the twins.

She exhaled deeply and looked down at her wrist watch, a little smirk formed on her lips when an idea popped in her mind. Her eyes scanned the busy streets and dragged the twins to the closest taxi. Wanda and Pietro frowned as Cassie explained the man where she wanted him to take them, the man nodded and the three jumped into the yellow cab.

"Where exactly are you taking us, Cassie?" Wanda spoke out, looking at the window.

"You'll like this one, I promise." The brunette smirked as she watched the people walk by.

The road to the Empire State Building seemed short for the twins and Cassie, they were in awe as soon as they jumped down the car and admired the high building in front of them. The brunette gave the driver the money and then turned around to meet their gaze, she smiled brightly as she dragged them inside.

Wanda looked everything in awe as they made the infinite line to get to the elevators, and Pietro was beyond surprised to be there. He found everything interesting, and Cassie liked the way he frowned at the people looking at them in awe. After all, the twins became quite popular since they were now part of the Avengers.

"I hope you guys are having a great time." Cassie mumbled shyly as they walked to the elevator for the 102nd floor.

"We are, thank you." Wanda smiled fondly at the brunette. "We love you for putting up with us all day."

"I love you guys too." The brunette smiled.

She smiled at the twins again as they entered the crowded elevator. Her fingers played with her brown locks with anxious movements as her brown eyes scanned the small cubicle they were in. A little smile crept onto her features at the thought of Peter and her visiting that same building the night before, not with all the tourists around, but it still made her feel giddy.

"Cassie?" Wanda called for her, making her zone out of her thoughts. The brunette shook her head and looked at the young woman.

"Yes?" She asked, frowning. Her head snapped to the open doors and watched at the twins already out of the elevator, she chuckled and walked out to meet them. "Sorry."

"Oh my, this view is beautiful." Wanda breathed out, looking at the city lights before them.

"This view is better than the one in the tower." Pietro pointed out and Cassie nodded with a smile.

Cassie scanned the room with a smile, but her heart fell to the floor when she caught the sight of Peter and a girl kissing and opening the door to their secret hideaway, the same spot they were hugging and snuggling the night before. She felt her heart breaking, but she didn't dare to say anything. It wasn't like she had to, the twins noticed it too, and Wanda sighed sadly.

"Bonita..." Pietro said quietly, holding her shoulder, Cassie looked away.

"I'm fine." She muttered, trying to clean the tears forming in her eyelids.

"We should go." Wanda stepped in, looking at her brother with sadness.

"No, it's fine. Really."

"It's obvious that it isn't." Pietro exhaled deeply and held her hand, then he half-smiled at his sister, who nodded. "We are leaving." The brunette nodded hesitantly and glanced at the pair one more time.

She turned to look back at Peter but he was already gone and the door for the secret place was closed.