THIRTY SEVEN

THIRTY-SEVEN;
DON'T LEAVE ME

"HAND ME THE MILK, PLEASE." Peter politely asked, looking at the short girl at the other side of the kitchen island.

"Steve can you please hand him the milk?" Cassie turned her head to the man, who raised his eyebrows. "Steve." She demanded, sending him a death glare.

"Okay, calm down." He raised his hands in a defensive manner and handed Peter the milk, the boy exhaled frustratedly.

The man raised his eyebrows as he watched the two teenagers sitting on different sides of the kitchen island and occasionally sending death glares to each other.

"Morning–" Tony said, walking into the room with the twins trailing behind.

"You're being a little childish, don't you think?" Peter leaned closer, looking at his girlfriend with anger and completely ignoring the presence of the adults.

"Oh, says the one who flies around the city wearing cute spandex." She snapped, making Peter exhale with frustration.

"I told you I was only joking." He said, rounding the corner to be close to her.

"Well, I didn't find that joke funny." She rolled her eyes and turned around to walk out of the kitchen. Peter followed her with quick steps.

The other four adults looked at each other with raised eyebrows and watched them argue for about three solid minutes. Pietro raised an eyebrow when he heard their voices echoing in the halls.

"Just let it go, Peter." Cassie sighed, walking to her room. "Today we have to go to finish the mission and I don't want to be distracted about this."

"But we need to talk about it." He interfered, resting his hands on his hips.

"Maybe later." She turned around and walked inside her room, slamming the door behind her.

Cassie sighed as she checked the time in her clock and walked to the bed, where the suit was waiting for her. She took the garment in her hands and admired the fabric and tested her powers with it, a small smile appeared on her features as she quickly tried it on with anxious movements.

She smiled at her reflection as she zipped up the suit and examined her figure. Pressing her lips together, she ran her fingers through the material of the suit and turned herself invisible.

"Cassie, are you here?" Wanda asked, barging into the room. The brunette turned herself visible again. "Wow. You look good."

"Thanks." She nodded, half-smiling. A deep sigh left her lips. "What's up?" She turned around to meet Wanda's gaze.

"It's time to leave."

+++

Peter looked down at his girlfriend as he tightened his grip around her waist, they were flying over the beautiful city to get to her old apartment building without being seen by Charlie. She instantly wiggled out of his arm when they landed on the rooftop of the building, and he sighed deeply.

"Let's get this done." Cassie muttered as she watched the busy streets from the edge of the rooftop. "I'll see you in a bit."