TWENTY FIVE

TWENTY-FIVE;
SURPRISE

"BE CAREFUL!" Peter said as he guided a blindfolded Cassie through the tower. "You know what? Just give me your hands." The brunette blushed, but eventually held his soft hands.

Peter felt the heat in his usual pale cheeks as he held the girl's hands on his, the butterflies exploded in his stomach and it made him smile brightly. He cleared his throat and shook his head when he noticed the others looking at them with amusement.

"I swear, Pete, if you let me fall... I will end you." Cassie muttered, letting him guide her. The others smiled.

"Are you threatening Spider-Man?" The boy asked with crocked eyebrows, Wanda smiled at his comment. "Okay, stand there." He let go of her hands and rounded her to untie the red blindfold. Cassie smiled. "You can see now."

Everyone watched as she slowly opened her eyes and gasped at the sight in front of her.

"Surprise!" They all exclaimed with big smiles.

She hesitantly walked to the beautiful, black piano in the corner of the living room and smiled when her fingertips brushed past the keys. A welcoming feeling of warmth took over her body as she examined the instrument.

"It's beautiful." She breathed out, her eyes never left the piano. Tony smiled. "How–How did you get it?" Her head turned to the small group of adults smiling at her, Peter crossed his arms over his chest with a bright smile.

"Look who you are talking to, kid." The man replied, pointing at himself. Cassie scoffed, ran to him and hugged him tight.

The others stood there dumbfounded by the scene, and so did Tony, who didn't know how to react at such sweet action. Cassie exhaled as she embraced the man and felt her heart melting when he finally wrapped her arms around her, awkwardly, but he did.

"Thank you." She breathed out, stepping back to look at the piano. "It's perfect."

"What are you waiting, then?" Pietro broke the moment, crossing his arms over his chest. "Play something!" He encouraged her, the brunette blushed.

"I–Uh," She stammered, looking back at the black piano. "I don't–" Finally, she exhaled. "I don't remember any song right now, maybe later?" Raising his eyebrows and with a glimpse of disappointment, Tony and the others nodded and watched as she slowly walked back to her room.

+++

It was past midnight and the city was still awake like always, Cassie rolled around her bed once more time before sitting straight and rubbing her eyes with annoyance. She sat on the edge of the bed and quivered when her barefoot feet made contact with the cold floor. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she hugged herself and walked out of her room with silent movements.

The girl felt her body getting warm as she entered the living room and her eyes landed on the beautiful piano in the corner. She looked from left to right and walked to it, sighing, she sat on the black bench and admired the keys for a moment.

"Okay." She whispered, exhaling deeply.

Her fingertips brushed the keys and suddenly a beautiful and classical melody echoed inside the room. A small smile crept onto her features as she closed her eyes and listened the song with concentration.

A figure sitting next to her made Cassie instantly stop playing and turning her face to the side. She half-smiled when her eyes met with a pair of brown ones and relaxed. Tony smiled.

"You really are good, kid." He breathed out, resting his hands on his knees. "Sorry for scaring you, by the way." They both smiled, Cassie intertwined her own fingers together.

"Thanks." The brunette mumbled, looking back at the window and the city lights in front of her. "I don't–I don't really like to play in front of people. The one one who ever heard my play was Charlie." Tony nodded.

"We can help you get him back." The man said, turning his face to look at her. Cassie frowned, but a glimpse of hope took over her chocolate brown eyes. "If we did it with Steve's friend, we can do it with your brother, too."

"You really can do that?" She hopefully asked, a smile crept onto her features as she spoke.

"Yes, and I will." Tony smiled and Cassie hugged him tight once more before happily running back to the darkness of her room.