Chapter 20 - Permission

The party had already started

We were done with the arrangements and the food.

Yes, don't worry about the cake

It turned out well.

I looked at the cake and crossed my arms with a proud grin.

"Amazing as always eh?"

I turned to look at the owner of the voice. I saw Jungkook standing beside me with a sweet smile.

I smiled back, "of course, Its Naomi Rhee isn't it?"

He chuckled, "I must say I cannot deny that."

"You never deny me," I said pinching his nose.

"Yah, stop listing out my weaknesses," he said frowning.

I chuckled.

"You really like me that much huh?" I asked teasing him.

"Why are you treating me like I'm your small brother?" He said raising his eyebrows. "I'm your senior."

"Okay senior, tell me, do you really like me that much?"

I saw his face change serious for a second before he looked down and slightly smiled.

"Yeah," he said still looking down making me smile.

I ruffled his hair and chuckled, "I like you so much too, kookiee."

He chuckled somewhat sad and took my hand away from his head, then he looked at me straight into my eyes.

"Naomi I like you.... in a different way."

I froze.

"What?" I asked feeling my heart sink.

No way.

I don't want to be the one who breaks Jungkook's heart.

My heart was screaming at me to run, I didn't want to hear what was coming next.

"Don't look at me like that," he said covering his eyes as he let out a chuckle. "You look like you saw a really sad movie."

He was trying to joke, but I saw his eyes denying to go along with it.

"Jungkook...." I started hesitantly.

"What? Are you feeling sorry for me?" He said smiling as he bent his head down to my level.

"I dont want to break your heart, you are a really great person. I don't deserve this, why do you even like-" I spoke only to get interrupted by Jungkook covering my eyes.