Chapter 1 - Grey

"Naomi!"

"Naomi!"

"Naomi you better get your ass down this instant!"

I groaned hearing my mother's voice so early in the morning. I pulled the covers over me and snuggled into the bed deeper.

Oh how I love my bed. I heard my mother's yells getting louder and louder. But at this moment all I could think was,

Won't this be my last time sleeping in this bed?

I shot my eyes up open and pushed my covers away as I sat up straight. That's when realization hit me.

Today was the day I would join the new academy.

The Clandestine Academy.

And I'm pretty sure I was running late.

I swung my legs down the bed and was about to get down just in time when my mom rushed in the room with a furious face.

"Naomi Rhee, have you gone deaf? You have 15 minutes left."

I watched her as she stomped away. I rushed around grabbing what I needed before jumping in the bathroom. I had a quick shower and got ready.

My suitcase and bags were already downstairs so I grabbed my phone and walked out the door. Before I did that, I glanced at myself once more in the mirror.

I looked like I just stepped out of bed.

Which is exactly what I did.

I sighed and tried to comb through my dark hair before walking out. After successfully not tripping down the stairs, I reached the living room. I saw my dad carrying my suitcase to the car. My elder brother, Ju was standing near the door waiting for me. I saw him playfully glancing at me.

He walked over to me and hugged me tight before messing my hair, making it more messy than it already was. I frowned and smacked his hand.

"Come on piggy, don't be a grump."

"I will, if you stop doing that Ju."

"Is that how you say goodbye to your only brother?" He said pretending to get hurt.

I sighed and closed my eyes before opening my arms. "Fine, come here," I said before hugging him.

He pulled back and gave me the 'protective-mother' look. "Be careful out there okay, the people there aren't like mortals. They are all demons and you know ho-"